Tuesday, May 08, 2012

DOUBLE SIDED PILLOW CASE

Hello everybody and thank you very much for your love and concerns about my
100th post... I am really thankful o all of you from my heart  ...

So what to share today ... last week I stitched a bed sheet for my daughter's room
which was pending from last 6 months... Surprised  LOLz...
( I told you I am a lazy person :P ) ...
And unfortunately the fabric of pillow cover is bit less than that I required,
Its again a hurdle ... What to do?????
I start planning to how can I menage it because I can't get the same fabric after 6 months...
So I decide to make a double sided pillow cover and for a girlish touch add some ribbons too...


So these pillows don't have any front or back side, from one side they are simply striped  
and other side is patch worked and the ends tied with matching ribbons ...  

So what do you needed for this project ????
Obviously a six month delayed bedsheets project in which the pillow cover fabric is bit less :P:P...

1. Basically I had two fabric of mix and match, the floral and striped one...
 I added this T pink also which was the matching of flower's shade ...

2. For one side I equally distributed these three pieces with the margin of 1/2" 
for the stitching in every piece

3. And for another side full sized striped fabric... 
And yes two pieces of same width for the inner pockets on both the sides of pillow ...

4. Stitched one side end of both the pocket fabric ...

5. Now lay your ribbons on the striped fabric at  the ends and pin it ...
Be sure that the distances are equal ...

6.  After  pinning the ribbons lay the pocket fabric and match the ends neatly for a stitch...

7. After stitching when you turn the fabric the result is like this ... 
Now you stitched one side of the fabric, the same with another side...

8. Both the ends are stitched ... Now turn the fabric of pockets inside the wrong side 
of striped fabric like shown above ... One side of your pillow is completed ...

9. Now stitched those three pieces with each other like this...

10. After joining three of them, lay ribbon on the ends same you did before 
on the striped piece  and stitched it ...

11. Now both the pieces are ready to join like a pillow cover ...
Lay them on each other accurately like front side facing each other 
and you have wrong side at your side... Make a straight stitch  on both the vertical sides,
and turn he inside out ...

12. DONE AAAHAAAHHA ........ perfectly done ... Now your pillow cover is look like this... 
All ribbons are tied up like this...

Ribbons give it a pure girlish touch and it looks so beautiful...I think so... What do you say?

Pillow is in that pocket and the ribbons are tied  and sure a beautiful look it has ...

A complete look ....

Hmmm tell me either my decision to make these pillows double sided is right or wrong???

I think you like it and believe me its very easy to make just a game of 25 to 30 minutes...
Hope you will let me know with your opinions and suggestion about the tutorial... 
And if anyone has any query about any step please I am here any time

Love you all and wish you a pleasant days ...

If you like it please pin it

HAPPY PILLOW STITCHING

I AM JOINING HERE

Thursday Favorite Things






Ivy and Elephants











24 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Mare said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

GREAT tutorial farah!!.....such lovely clear instructions and photos:).....thanks for sharing:))....
hugs from croatia:))....
M

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This turned out great! You did a wonderful job! I like the ribbons and the plain pink fabric gives it a nice touch! Good tutorial!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty Farah! Your pillow cases turned out really well.

fialka012 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello dear Farah coatings are perfect as a beautiful work of yours I send kisses and beautiful days

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so beautiful, Farah! You are so talented with your sewing.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tanya said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The ribbons you added were the perfect finishing touch. The pillow covers are lovely.

AshTreeCottage said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so lovely Farah! I love the fabrics and colors ~ my favorites!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sissym said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,

You're an artist! A woman of great taste and gifted! I don't know to do anything. Do not know if I should feel ashamed because I can not do anything manually, but I give much value to whom knows. I really enjoyed everything you showed and I am sure that his daughter was very happy with the result.

Kisses

Baye said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love everything about your project! The fabrics are gorgeous, and I can't wait to give the pillow cover a try.

anandhirajan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are very clever farah thanks for sharing
anandhirajan

xinex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pretty pillows! Thanks for the tutorial...Christine

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You create so many lovely things Farah. It is wonderful that you always like to share how you make them with all of us!
Thank you dear friend!

Theresa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love these Pillows!!! and Your blog is so beautiful! Found you on Will see it Wednesday, I'm there, too! I thonk my ruffle lamp shade and your pillows would ho very nice together. Thank you for the step by step instructions. Very Beautiful!
~ Theresa, from shoestringelegance.blogspot.com

Elia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great tutorial!
Thank you Farah,
have a wonderful week,

hugs from Spain

eljardindemiduende ^^

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty! You gave the bed such a great designer look. Sometimes the best projects come out of having to resolving a problem. I think you did a great job making these pillow covers work.

visiting from WUW : )

Etcetorize said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great tutorial! I love how you put all of those lovely fabrics together, so pretty. If you're looking for another place to share your projects, check out Etcetorize (http://etcetorize.blogspot.ca/2012/05/make-it-great-monday.html), would love to see you there~

Ivy and Elephants said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
Thanks for visiting and linking to the party with your gorgeous two sided pillows. The colors and patterns go together so perfectly, and I love the satin ribbons as closures. I am following you and hoping you'll join us often. Your talent is amazing!
Hugs,
Patti

Amanda Stephan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is awesome, thank you for sharing it! We're in desperate need for new pillow covers in our house, so I think I'm going to be trying these!

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How gorgeous and beautiful this pillows are! I'm so glad you shared the tutorial, when I get to fix my bedroom eventually, I will love to make them. Thank you lovely Farrah for your sweet and kind visit. Wishing you a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY!
FABBY

Rashida Khanbhai said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your pillows. I am sure your daughter must have been overjoyed.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful. Such a wonderful job Farah. Aren't you glad its finally done? :)

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
those pillows look great. You did a fabulous job with the fabric and the ribbons. Your daughter will be very happy about it.
Best greetings, Johanna

allisamazing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your pillows and such a great tutorial! Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog :)

Pam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty pillows, Farah! The fabrics look lovely together...

LinkWithin