Sunday, April 01, 2012

CUPCAKE ON A TRAY MAT

Hello dear friends ...

How are you all and how the days are passing ...
Sure nice and happy with Spring ...
Today I am going to share a project of stitching and embroidery both
A Tray mat with a Sweet Cupcake on it...






This Tray Mat is basically patch-worked on the edges with the joining of Bias Tape strips ...
And a little simple embroidered Cup Cake with Stem Stitch ...
I think after many years I embroidered something...

What we used  ...
Two type of contrasting fabric of your choice ...
White Cotton Fabric of your required size with seam allowance ...
Matching colour floss for embroidery ...
And simple white light weight fabric for backing ...

Now lets start ...

1. Cut 4 strip from each fabric measuring 2" x 26" ...

2. Join strips vertically on alternate as shown above ...

3. You have 4 sets like this ...

4. Now join all your strips and make a one big piece as shown above ...

5. Now fold it from on side to make a triangle like this ...

6. Now cut it from the fold and you have a large piece from which you can make 
     bias tape strips as per your requirement ... 
    And yes please iron the piece neatly before cutting to have a smooth and balanced cutting...

7. After cutting your strips look like this ...

8. Pressed both the ends with a card inside which can press very evenly ... 
     its the best tip for pressing the fabric evenly ...

9. First I glued the bias tap to the fabric on each side and than stitched it ...
    Sorry I missed the shot from where I can show you the four corners ...

10. Tracing a little sweet cup cake

11. Embroidered with Stem stitch ...

12. I felt that cup cake looks lonely so I add two cherries on the upper corner ...
       Here you can see the four mitered corners...

13. Lined it with back fabric and stitched and make the corners bit round...

14. My tray has little handles so I added  little handles to my Mat too with same Bias strip ...

15. It is DONE ... 
And I love it because I have coffee mugs perfectly matched to my new Tray mat ...

Aren't  they?

Looking pretty with white too....

So its my today's achievement... What do you say?
I am feeling really happy after this little embroidery and planning some more...

Hope you liked it and let me know about it by your opinions and suggestions....
And I would love to listen more ideas with that Bias Tape patchwork...
Wish you all a pleasant week with 
lots of spring colours

If you like my this little effort than please 


HAPPY STITCHING

MY LINKIES




monogram







BWS tips button

18 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Life in Rehab said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a lovely remake on the tray! Thank you for such a well written tutorial.

CREATIVE MIND said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is Awesome :) Thanks for sharing the detailed tutorial..

Celestina Marie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful project and wonderful work. Thank you for sharing the details. You are so talented my friend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
what a happy idea. That looks really cute and its a great idea to use this bias. You always have such beautiful inspirations. Thank you for sharing and have a great week.
Best greetings, Johanna

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is so pretty, Farah! Oh how I wish I could sew as beautifully as you do.

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah - Your tray mat is lovely - and you did a beautiful job on your embroidery! I really like the lovey bias tape edging too!
-Kim

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a wonderful craft project!! Thank you for your sweet words on my blog! :)
Kristi

Kristi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a wonderful craft project!! Thank you for your sweet words on my blog! :)
Kristi

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah dear, this is a wonderful project. I love the way you taught us to do it. So easy to understand!!!
I would never have thought to put the card stock in it to make nice straight ironed edge. Wonderful!
sending big hugs...

amy/chick chick sewing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your embroidery stitches, Farah!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Love, Amy

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful tray cloth Farah.The embroidered cup cake looks really sweet:)congrats:)

Samira said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It indeed is very beautiful....

Tricia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your instructions are the clearest I've seen for making bias strips! Very clever, to create such a pretty border for your tray mat, and the cupcake looks "sweet"!

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cute Farah! What a fun project!

Jerri Rivers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is great! I love anything cupcake!

Linda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your work is always beautiful. You truly are talented. you also provides great tutorials.

shopannies said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

how cute

Anneliese said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I enjoy your tray very much - it is looking very pretty!

LinkWithin