Sunday, March 18, 2012

CROCHET DOILY BOWLS

Hello Dears...
What a pleasant weather it is, early spring and so moderate ... Its one of my favourite time
of the year...
As lastly I am talking about Pinterest that it has so much inspiration for every one,
 inspiration for every crafter in every field...I really love it...
My today's simple yet beautiful project is the result of that inspiration ...
Crochet Doily Bowls...



Aren't they cute ???
And  no burden on your budget, you can say a budget decorating idea...
They look so elegant and can be used in many many ways ...

For any of your craft accessories, or put some dried petals of rose and lavender for a potpourri
they will enhance the beauty of your table...

Ans so simple to make them, you don't need anything special for it ...
Mainly you have some crochet doilies ... Which I am 100% sure that you all have...

Ok I share my experience of making them step by step with all of you...


1. My two doilies....

2. Two different shape melamine bowls...

3. A mixture of white glue and water ... I mixed 1/2 cup glue with 1/4 cup of water ...
    I mixed them with hand mixer very well that they come in running consistency...

4. Dip the doily in the glue mixture ...

5. Dip completely in the mixture that not a single thread left dry ...

6. Now squeeze the doilies with a soft hand and spread them on your bowls for the
    required shape... And left them for drying for next 24 hours ...

7.  And TA DAH ... they are here ...  they hardened in that shape ...

8. I love this one very much ... And now I am planning for some different shapes... 
    Oh it is so pleasant to even think that I can get any shape I wanted ...

There are so many ways to use them... as your thread basket if you are interested in embroidery...

 You can decorate your coffee table with pine cones in it ...

Can be your button's basket ...

And I forget to shoot a picture with cookies in it ... 
And if you like to give some sweet or cookies as a homemade gift to your loved ones
it will be a best solution as a gift basket...

When you feel it becomes dirty and you want to wash them, 
go for that and next time give it a new shape with some other bowl ...

Hope you like this simple project and now trying to find out some doilies to make some 
for some cookies and sweets in it on a friend's T- party ...

If there is any confusion about any step or you have any question about the project, 
asked me via comment box or in e-mail...I will sure reply you as soon as possible...
Wish you all a happy and pleasant coming week ...

HAPPY CROCHET


LINKIES FOR THE POST 


Thursday Favorite Things








BWS tips button



Boogieboard Cottage






sew many ways


28 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Nana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is a wonderful idea!!!!

Nana

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

CAN U PLZ GIVE ME PATTERN U USED TO CROCHET DOILIES....THX

Farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Dear ... I purchased these doilies from market....
With love
farah

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Oh, thank you for telling me about this! How pretty and I'm surely going to do this! You are just amazing!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Annesphamily said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I just lost my favorite friend and pet Boots my cat. It is so hard to think and yet your e mail made me smile. I will try this. God Bless You sweet friend. You got a smile out of a sad girl today.Hugs Anne

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are so pretty! Thank you for sharing them...
Penny

Donene said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful idea and I love how it looks!

Claudia Pech said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

tão delicadamente fofo!!!

bjo

Apple Avenue Quilts said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty bowls! I can think of so many uses. Thanks for sharing this tutorial!

Paulette Adams said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are just darling Farah!
Thank you for sharing the beauty!

In Her Own Words said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are lovely!

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are cute! Great idea! Not too hard to do either!

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
really great idea. They are so versatile, I can imagine a lot of nice usings.
Best greetings, Johanna

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love them for containing sweets for a tea party. Thank you for the how to make the crocheted adorable baskets. Hugs,
FABBY

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are so pretty, Farah! They seem easy enough to make and I'm glad you started with doilies that you purchased, because I don't know how to crochet. Thanks for sharing this!

Celestina Marie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, Thank you for stopping by. I love these crochet bowls and have made them before too. This can also be made to look like a little hat ornament, by making the bowl part smaller. Embellish with ribbon around the hat part with flowers etc. Tie on another ribbon for hanging and it becomes a cute Christmas tree ornament or gift tie on etc. My sister in law gave me one for the tree and it was so darling.
So enjoyed your post and the crafty directions. Have a great week sweet lady.
XO Celestina Marie

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Its a grt idea indeed Farah:).. very easy to do as well.. will surely try it out soon.. congrats dear:)

chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello!
I invite you to visit Blogspot Directory
I am a member of Directory Blogspot and I create
I think this community could also interest you.
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
His goal: to familiarize your blog, and thus the possibility to exchange with various countries, whether cultural or other
The more people and more opportunities it will give, you are some sort of ambassador of this blog, it has also to do you know after contact set your friends!
To find out, click on the link below:
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

I wish you a great day
friendly
Chris

Maria Elena said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous idea! I love it!I have a drawer full of doilies in every color and shape, pink, white cream... This is such a wonderful idea that I will sure be trying it! Thank you for sharing and for the wonderful tutorial!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty and a great tutorial! I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty Farah! Your doily bowls are really lovely and functional!

Jerri Rivers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great idea Farah! And these are so lovely!

Debi at Life Currents said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so excited to be co-hosting Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop this week. Thanks for sharing these beautiful bowls. What a great tutorial too!

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a wonderful idea!
... looks great :)

Greetings from Australia♥

Nima Titus said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow...that looks lovely...thank you for sharing the idea

Melody said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farrah! Those are sooo pretty! Ya know in the 1940's ladies took small doilies and made cozies for drinking glasses too. So glad you joined in for the ECS Cottage Craft Room Party!

Dragonfly Treasure said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great idea!!
*hugs*deb

ThreeOldKeys said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sweet !!!

I have a big blue, heavy-threaded doily that really wants to be a basket. I'll do it ... thanks!

LinkWithin