Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tomato Ketchup Can Shine Up Your Cutlery

Hello Dear Buddies ...

Are you amazed with the title of my this post??? But its totally true and I can prove it today ...
Its surprisingly pleasing experience which ends up with a great result...
I have some brass cutlery which was neglected from last many years because of discoloration
and black stains on it ...
Some days before I read an article on net about the cleaning of brass utensils using
Tomato Ketchup or Worcestershire Sauce
Something very unusual for me but I decided to give it a try and I was with a big WOW at the end ...
I will give you a demo using both the products ...

But first of all I want to share the picture of my ugly spoons and forks


Take a more closer look... So what do you think am I right to neglect them?

 
Come close to see how  horrifying they are looking ...

OK now lets start the process of cleaning ...

 First I dip them in luke warm water with a tablespoon of liquid dish washer, soak them for 5 minutes
and rinse well with tab water and pat dry with kitchen towel ...

 The two main products ... 
Its up to you either you want to use Tomato Ketchup or Worcestershire Sauce ... 
Or what is available at that time ...

Take some ketchup on the scotch pad and rub gently on your cutlery ...

WOW all stains are gone just in 30 second rubbing ... great job done by me LOL ...

Oh please see the difference ...

 Now its the time to judge the Worcestershire Sauce ... I just pour 7 to 8 drops 
of sauce on scotch pad and rub on the spoon ...

The same result

Now all the three are shown  ... Tablespoon with Ketchup, Soup spoon with Sauce 
and one with all the stains ... And the difference you can see well now...

Now its the turn for a final touch to make them shiny and glittering like stars...
i.e with Brass Polish ...

I used liquid brass polish

So shiny and beautiful

Oh I love them, they are shining just like new ... 
What a cheap and brilliant way to clean the Brass cutlery ...

I am sure my this post will help you and you are ready to purchase some more
Ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce soon, more than your usual grocery...

I love if you share some of your home cleaning tips with us ... 
What do you say about it , waiting for your responses...

HAPPY CLEANING AND POLISHING


LINKIES I LOVE

BWS tips button
Thursday Favorite Things

24 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a money-saving tip! I don't have any brass utensils, but I do have a few small brass figurines. This is something I'll try. By the way, I LOVE your new photo--Farah is SMILING!

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
how amazing is this. I don't have brass cutlery but I have baking mould from copper. I will try to clean them in the same way. Thank you for the great idea.
Best greetings, Johanna

CREATIVE MIND said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Dear,
Its unique,I saw many brass cutlery of my grandmother's dowry in our basement area,I must try this on some of big beautiful plates which I always try to use at home..thanks for sharing this post with us,Now I will work on it soon!
p.s the new look of blog is beautiful :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Excellent job Farah. Just wanted to add one more tip :-) I had the same problem with some silver cutlery and I tried white tooth paste and it worked like magic.
Hafsa

Bella@Bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,

My sweet friend, SO SORRY about not stopping by in so long, but too many things going on with me lately. However THIS post def caught my eye, as just a couple days ago I was trying to polish up a brass piece and wanted to do it as naturally as possible. I never got around to googling answers, but it was on my TODO List for sure.

Now thanks to you, I have my answer, and it looks even easier than I thought. I LOVE it.

I will def be shining up my brass soon, and when I blog about it, I will MAKE SURE to let everyone know I learned this wonderful trick from you.

Sending many hugs your way!!!

Oh, P.S. Your new blog design in just beautiful :)

Bella
Bella Before and After
Euro Style Cakes.

Tasha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, that is truly amazing!! I love learning cool tips like this.

Debbiedoo's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is a very cool tip Farah, who would think! I am pinning this.

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, this is wonderful. I absolutely hate to polish brass. This cleans so well and then you give it the final shine. with brass polish. How great is this.
Glad you are back.
Hugs, Ginger

Bits of Stitching! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow these edible sauces did an amazing job cleaning up your brass utensils...awesome!Thanks for the tip!

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! Your cutlery looks beautiful. That is an excellent money saving tip! Thank you :)

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. I really appreciate it!
Your blog is looking fantastic! I think you have had a change since my last visit. Me too! It is fun to change it up.
Your cutlery is gorgeous, I love the design. Your cleaning process gives fabulous results! I don't have any brass, but I will keep this in mind for sure. And I will pin your post to my Pinterest board for tips and tutorials, since you already have a button to "pin" it I know you won't mind.
Hugs,
Terri

Farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks a lot dear ladies ...I love all of your encouragement words... they mean to me so much

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW...Farah this is a great tip! I think I'm going to be in a cleaning mood after this dear friend.
I am so thankful to you for sending the wonderful pictures of your family sweet friend. What a beautiful group of beautiful people : )!!!
hugs from here...

Katherines Corner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah thank you for sharing this wonderful tip. Hugs P.S. thank you for linking to Thursday Favorite Things linky party

Inspire Me Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I had no idea! Ketchup huh? Thanks - Linky Following you too!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's amazing!!! So shiny and new!

Tanya said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Vinegar is one of my favourite cleaners, so I'm not suprised to find other tasty kitchen staples have other uses, too. Thanks for the tip!

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your blog! I'm a new follower on GFC and LF. I would love if you followed back so we can stay connected. The best part of this new Linky is finding all these great blogs I never knew about...like you! Lori

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow Farah! That was great to see! I'll have to remember that! Your silverware looks a lot better now and much more elegant!!

farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what a wonderful tip. thanks a lot. i have lots of cleaning to do

Yasmin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is such a great tip, Farah. I have a few brass cutlery but I have loads of beautiful copper stuff. Now I can have them shining pretty !

beenish said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sallam.
wao!!! amazing. farrah baji you rocksss...... kuch kehne k liye words nai hen mere pas...
be happy always..

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow.. That is such a cool tip.. Never thought that ketchup and worchestershire sauce can do this.. thanks for linking up at Friday fun party.. I am sharing this on Facebook.. :)

Justine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Stopping by from the Thursdays Favorite Things Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

LinkWithin