Sunday, February 26, 2012

OLD SWEATER SLEEVE'S FUN

Hello buddies
Do you have some old sweaters?
Oh I just want sleeves not the whole sweater, sure you have some ...
How are you ... as winter slowly passing away and I am sure after some days you all arrange
your ward robes again for the coming season and discarded some sweaters for different reasons...
Please hold and don't throw all of them...
I have an idea for re purposing the sleeves of sweater just in 20 minutes ...

 

Hmmm what do you say ???

This little project don't need any thing special, it is simply Trash 2 Treasure type ...
What you need is :-
Sleeves  of an old sweater or T-shirt

Some empty food cans ...
 I cut the sleeves bit large that I can insert it inside in the can till the bottom ...


1. First I covered tins with simple white paper  and glued them on the ends ...


2. Than I glued  a thing polyester sheet for a fluffy look,
     because I don't like a harsh of tough look of cans...

 3. Now I cover the tins from the sweater sleeves like a pillow cover ...




4. Here you can see that how I inserted the extra sleeve inside the can ( the white one)...
    I did it because when I feel them dirty I can wash them cover them again like a pillow cover..


5. Now I hand stitched the ends well at the bottom side ...

6. They are ready for any type of decoration you wanted ...

 7. I secure the bottom end with hand stitch
    And insert inside the extra sleeve in the can for a neat look ...






  I embellish it with white on white net lace with a fancy purple sequins lace and a bow ...
  I glued all things  on it  ....

  This one with some silk flower and leaves ...


And this cutest one with a stocking net Butterfly with some crystal beads ...






So these are Trash 2 Treasure beautiful cans.... 
What I have done with the rest of sweater this I will share in some another post soon ...

All of you have some cans and old sweaters too....
So what you think, lets start something different...

I am 100% sure you all have much more creative ideas than me...
Waiting for your responses and more suggestion and ideas for any project like this...

Wish you all a very happy new week...

HAPPY TRASH 2 TREASURE FUN



LINKIES LOVE

DIY Club










BWS tips button
Boogieboard Cottage


















17 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Sweet Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are just too cute Farah....I especially love the blue one! What a very clever idea!

Jerri Rivers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These turned out really pretty! Great job!

Debbiedoo's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are so adorable Farah. I love the way you embellished them too. Very clever idea.

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE these Farah! I do have a couple of sweaters that would be perfect for this project. SO CUTE!!!!

I hope so much that all is wonderful for you in your life. Everthing is great here. We are going to see my daughter this week, who is having a new baby : )She lives a ten hour drive from here, so we plan to stay many days. I will see you when I get back.
sending hugs...

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
you arte sooo creative. Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.
best greetings, Johanna

Maria Elena said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a clever idea! They are beautiful!

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Pretty storage ideas! Such a nice way to recycle your sweaters.

Willow said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a clever idea. I just love the white one with the lace trim. It is sooo beautiful.

Frazzled Mom of Five said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are great! Good Job repurposing the sweaters!! New Follower!
~Jen @ frazzled five

Pam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a creative idea!!! They all look fabulous!!! I'm pinning this...

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Oh, you're so creative and these turned out so pretty! What a great idea!
Thank you so much for popping in to see me and your sweet comments.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your tutorial is so fab! The idea of using sweaters for this is so smart. All yours look so pretty too.
Hugs,
Terri

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, Cute idea and they turned out wonderful! Thank you for visiting and for following. I am now your newest follower.

Norma2 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Buena idea y bueno el tutorial.
Saludos desde Argentina

Nana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are very creative. Thanks for showing how how you did it.

Nana

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amazing embelishments pretty Farrah, wow, I love them, specially the white one with lace, what a talent my dear girl! Thank you for the tutorial, I'm going to try them. I'd love one as a toilet paper dispenser for a visit bathroom, right? Thank you for your always lovely and generous visits.
Have a terrific weekend.
FABBY

Yesteryear Embroideries said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just lovely! Such a creative and cleaver ideal!

LinkWithin