Friday, February 10, 2012

Fabric Curtain Tie

Hello My Dear Fellows ...

Once again I am here after a bit busy break, some more family functions, guests and all that etc etc..
Now I am 100 % back to my routine and be with as usual...

I stitched some curtains, cushions and curtain ties as a gift for my mother...
Today I am sharing the step by step tutorial of a Curtain Tie



You need very few things for this
Some mix and match fabric of your choice
And fused buckram


 Here you can see I choose three types of fabrics ...
Two fabrics in plain colour i.e one in golden beige and the other is chocolate brown
And one with a floral print



The Golden is 1&1/2" more in width than Brown for overlapping on brown

Cut the fused buckram with the exact size of brown colour fabric 
And iron it neatly on the wrong side of fabric, if bit excess than cut it after pressing ... 

Now take the floral print strip which is almost half of the width of brown fabric 
and double with the length of brown fabric ...

Now start pleating

Like this




Prepare your both ties like this ...

Make a loop and pin it on the both sides of the tie...


Like this


Now you can see that Golden fabric is bit larger than brown ...


Pin it like this and stitched from the wrong side of both the ends ...



 Turn the inside out and you have a beautiful Curtain Tie ready to use ...
Now you can well understand that how bit larger fabric comes at front








So here it is the front and back of the Curtain Tie

How it looks ???? Pretty ????

I stitched curtains and matching pillows too...

These are the pillows ... I appliqued them in two different colours and stitched the couch cover...






















And the curtains ...

I stitched all those and gifted it to my mother... 
Hope my tutorial is clear to you all but if you have any confusion about any step please ask me 
via comment section or by e-mail... 
I will be very glad to reply you as soon as possible ...
Waiting for responses and opinions, hope you like to share it with me

HAPPY SEWING


LOVELY LINKIES


DIY Club











Creative Itch


BWS tips button




























14 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

fialka012 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I am glad that you are back to your routine. I missed you.
I know that you must have enjoyed the wedding celebration. What a wonderful time in a young person's life. So much ahead, I pray for their marital bliss.
The curtains, both, are lovely. The couch cover is so beautifully done. I know your mother is so proud of your work and wonderful gift.
Glad you are back,
Ginger

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello dear Farah,
I think your mother is so blessed to have such a wonderful, beautiful daughter! Your gifts to her are so beautiful! You give the best tutorials in blogland!
I am happy to hear that you have had wonderful get to-gethers with your family. These are the best things in life.
Thank you dearest friend for your sweet note you left for me at my place.
sending love...

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great tutorial, looks so beautiful:-)
Have a nice day, hugs Biljana

Debbiedoo's said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are beautiful curtains Farah. You do such a great job on your sewing. I lov eyour new profile pic too. You look so pretty.

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcomed back sweet Farrah! I've missed you! You look so young and pretty in your profile pic. I love your curtains, such a pretty material. I'm so glad to see you talents back in blog land. Happy Valentine's and lots of love.
FABBY

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady.
I am happy to hear that you have had wonderful get to-gethers with your family. These are the best things in life is family. Your Curtain Ties are Beautiful sweet lady.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my Tablescape.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day.
XXOO Diane

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
your curtains and cushions turned out beautiful. I am sure your Mom is exited about them. You are soooo creative.
Best greetings, Johanna

Melody said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Wow, those are fantastic accents! So glad you linked in the Etsy Cottage Style Blog Party.....
What's Cookin in the Cottage Kitchen
Inlinkz has some kind of glitch over night and all the links and linky tool were gone! Please reenter your post to once again join the party!
See you there!

Melody said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Wow, those are fantastic accents! So glad you linked in the Etsy Cottage Style Blog Party.....
What's Cookin in the Cottage Kitchen
Inlinkz has some kind of glitch over night and all the links and linky tool were gone! Please reenter your post to once again join the party!
See you there!

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow.. I love the pattern and fabric you have chosen.. The pillows and the ruffled curtain tie are Too Cute.. I'm sure your mother will Love it!

Bobbie S said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love it thanks for sharing it with me :)

amy/chick chick sewing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah, your mother must be so happy with your beautiful creations! I like your new profile photo, too :D From Amy with love from California!

Admin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wonderful pattern and design I love this kind of color or pattern,
Roller blinds

LinkWithin