Sunday, December 11, 2011

Colourful lids

PERSONALIZED YOUR LIDS
WITH A LITTLE 
CREATIVITY

Hello Dear Friends
Sure mostly of you busy with your 
Christmas preparations and enjoying cold weather too

I don't know "What" but I am busy with some
unknown reasons...
I think you understand that
look busy and do nothing...
Sometime it happens, I think mentally I am in planning
of going Karachi to attend the wedding ceremony of 
my youngest brother... In fact waiting eagerly for that...

I love to collect empty jams and different glass jars for some other uses...
My son always said Mama is more interested 
in the bottles rather than what is in it...
And really it is true ...

So my today's post is about to personalized
the lids of your empty jars


Hmm ? What do you say?
Are they lovely...
Ok lets start the simplest job


What you need...
Some gift wrapping sheets, 
mod podge,
And obviously some lids


Mark one circle exact size of your lid
and another a bit larger ...


Cout down the larger circle like this
for easy inward folding


 Spread a thin layer of glue on the upper side of lid

And the inner side too


 Now put your lid on the smaller circle


 Start folding your edges inwards ...
After completing spread a brush of glue inside


Doneeeeeee
Your very own printed lid ...
POSSIBILITIES are...
can use scrape of fabric
print out of your favourite pictures
further paste some labels
etc etc

But I did one thing more
Some free handed 
Acrylic paint strokes


Make a pink colour by mixing these two colours
for pink lid bottle


And just paint with a rounded broush for a 
random polka dot touch
If you are good in one Stroke Painting 
you can go for a rose
( it comes in my mind later )


hmmm...I filled them with my some crystal beads


I like these two and now have many 
other ideas in my mind for the rest
What next you can do lets share with all of us

I am waiting for your responses and ideas too
Love you all

HAPPY CRAFTING

MY LINKIES






ruby community






13 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Plateful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey Farah, how have you been my friend? Hope all's well. I'm just like you, I have this crazy obsession of collecting empty jars and bottles thinking I could use them as props in my food pictures :) Anyways, thanks for this tutorial. Now I know how to pretty up those bottles!

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How are you sweet Farah? You're so talented my dear, I love this and it's so easy, now that I like! I have a couple of such pretty jars from something I used and you just gave me such a cute idea to dress them up for my kitchen pantry. Thanks for sharing and for coming by my house, you're so kind and generous. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, FABBY

Chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah. What a lovely way to make the jars coordinate with the rest of the sewingroom. Thank you for the post.

Terrie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is a very good way to make pretty bottles, jars. The color dots are just lovely.

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
just a little bit work and you designed such pretty jars. Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.
best greetings, Johanna

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Faraha thanx a lot for your encouraging comment on my post:).. these jars r very pretty indeed..i luv to hv such jars in my kitchen.. they will definitely make the work a pleasure:))thanx for sharing it .

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So so cute Farah! That is so funny what your son said. That would be true of me too. I love jars and bottles too.
sending hugs from here...

Shoumi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks elegant !!!
Do visit my blog and Say a hai!!

http://shoumiaslam.blogspot.com/

mamas*little*treasures said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah - poppin in from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine' Corner ;o) Love your embellished bottles! I would like to invite you to join our Holly Jolly Blog Hop where you can leave a link to your blog and we'll all visit one another to see our holiday decorations. Even if you won't be decorating your blog for the holidays, please join us so you can connect with other creative bloggers! Hope to see you there, Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

http://mamaslittletreasures.com/holly-jolly-blog-hop

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady.
I love your little bottles tops so sweet. Then you filled them with crystal beads this was a great Idea sweetie.
I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments. I hope you have a great day with your family.
XXOO Diane

Esther said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a charming idea!

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely project Farah! The lids and jars look beautiful.
-Kim

lisbonlioness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These will look beautiful on my storage jars! Thanks so much, my girl, a lovely project!

LinkWithin