Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Forever Beauty

HOW TO ARRANGE FLOWERS
IN A
TALL CRYSTAL VASE
Hello dear fellows ....
How are you , hopefully most of you enjoying snow
and chilled winter season with a hot cup of coffee
with a bit lethargic mood...(at least I a am)

Nowadays I am very busy with the preparation of my
youngest brother wedding ...
Oh yes preparation of Dresses for three day functions...
(the most favourite thing :P )
I design all dresses with the ideas of me and my daughter
Oh sure I will share with you as the come back from tailor...
Wedding is in January and I will go to Karachi ...
So I was busy with all time favourite thing...
Shopping and Shopping

Now come to today's project....


Arrangement of silk flowers in a tall crystal vase ...
It is not necessary that every time you purchased 
new flowers...
Just try to dismantle some of your old arrangements
or try to use the some old flowers 
for which you think of discarding them ...
Silk flowers are washable and can be as shiny and beautiful 
as they are new...

So what we need is


A square piece of  Grey Oasis
(grey  is for silk flower arrangement and green is for fresh flowers)
Cut the piece a bit larger that it can adjust in the vase
with a tight grip...


Flowers of your choice 
and try that the colours should be contrasting


Some foliage of different shapes


Now fix your piece of Oasis in your vase tightly


 First arrange the foliage...
You can use different types and shapes for leaves


Now its the turn of your basic flowers to be inserted
 in the oasis ... a bit higher than your leaves

Another view...
You can turn your flowers stems 
in the direction you want ...


Now I used a  lighter tone flowers to enhance 
those maroon flowers...
Ohhhh but their stem is too short...


OK... I tied a bare stem with floral wire and tape it 
green floral tape ... Now I can place it on my
desired length...


Like this


I arrange that yellowish flowers in the vase too
After inserting in the oasis turn and  bend
stems as per you desired shape....


Here you can see that I spread the cream shade 
flowers on the sides of the vase...
But I feel it looks bit empty, it needs something more


I have these Fern leaves ...
The same treatment of wire and floral tape


Now I attach four fern leave for a final and perfect touch
They are like falling down from the edges...


Oh another important thing... Hide the oasis ...
I just fill the vase with coloured marbled balls...
But here are many options
Open two or three flowers and fill it with their leaves
You can with little sea shells
With different colourd beads
or
With artificial moss


So ???? Is it look beautiful ...
Re use your old flowers and leaves and give any corner
a brand new look

Hope you try to create a brand new look to your vases
Let me know that how you find that post
I am waiting for your replies...

HAPPY FLOWER ARRANGING



MY LINKIES




Happy Go Lucky


 shabby creek cottage
Photobucket
Strictly Homemade Tuesday







13 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It is a beutiful idea to recycle the old silk flower in a new arrangement. I realy don't know we can wash the silk flowers! Thanks a lot :)
Jessica

Lizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great idea Farah- re-use the old silk flowers rather than buy new! I have a small collection I keep on hand. Your arrangement turned out excellent! I'm impressed that you are doing all the preparations for your brother's wedding you are doing! That's a lot of work! Take care, Liz

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your silk flower arrangement is beautiful! The deep purple is so striking! How exciting for you to prepare for a wedding! Ah, so much fun!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sweet Farah, This is beautiful. As usual everything you do is lovely. I can't wait to see the dresses for the wedding. I know they will be exquisite.
Love to you, Ginger

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you Farah for these great tips for arranging in a tall vase. I always learn so much from your instruction. I am such a lazy flower arranger, so I know this will make me better.
hugs from here...

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
you have such a talent to make everything elegant looking. Your flower arrangement ist beautiful and what a great idea to use the glass balls for hiding the oasis. Thanks for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna

anandhirajan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what a fantastic way to arrange flowers I liked your idea and also the step by step photos. wanting more in future posts.
anandhirajan

Rebecca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful work!

I'm your newest follower and would love it if you could follow me back :)

If Only Life Could Be That Simple

Christina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You now have a new follower, Can you please Follow back?
http://christy1986p.blogspot.com/

Tweet with me on Twitter to.
http://twitter.com/#!/CHRISTY1986P

Become a fan on my Christina's voice Fan page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Christinas-Voice/133218916750446

Thanks have a great day!

Ms POSH said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Following by from the Thursday Hop to say hello.
Have a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/12/thursday-hops.html

Menopausal New Mom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful job. I love fresh flowers and am getting lots of practice arranging, thanks for the tips :)

And thank you for joining our blog hop, I'm already a follower.

Happy Friday!

Katherines Corner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sooo pretty thank you for sharing this fine tutorial.Thank you for joining the hop this week, please let me know if you'd like to co host some time. Did you remember to add your wonderful blog to the blog list page? Big Hugs and have a happy weekend!

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hello farah have lots of fun on your bro's wedding.. yeahh shopping is the most interesting factor when it comes to such functions:))..by the way your flower arrangements are pretty cool. luv the colour combinations as well..great idea of course

LinkWithin