Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Sewing is fun

NEW TABLE CLOTH

Hello dear friends....

I was bit busy from last month or so and that's why 
my weekly posts are also bit delayed as per normal routine..
First because of Ramadan (month of fasting) and than
the busy schedule of Eid...

Eid ul Fitar is the gift from God for all those 
who fast the whole month only on the name of God...
Its a religious festival and continues three days...

On this Eid I want to make some changes in my dining room...
like I stitched a new table cloth and a runner for my buffet table..



The tablecloth is in five pieces, the basic upper portion 
and four sides which I stitched separately...


 Here is a closer look of the side penal

I used these four fabric in my project...


 What you need is
1. First you measure the top of your table and 
cut the fabric with seam allowance

2. Than cut the four hanging side panel of your desired length
( I used the same checked fabric for both, choice is yours)


3. You need to cut four stripes of 2"
a. of a floral print
           b. matching plain colour
These stripes are of the same size of 
your hanging side panels...


 Now start stitching ...
Take the one hanging side panel and lay your two stripes
of  floral and plain fabric on it in the above sequence


Here you can understand easily that how I arranged them
i.e...
on the bottom the hanging panel
than the floral fabric
and than the plain colour fabric


Stitched theses three pieces


Now its look like this...
Fold the open edges of both the fabric 
with your hand to get a crease


Now fold the orange fabric neatly to the wrong side of the 
table cloth to get a little piping touch at the end

Iron them to settle the fabric neatly ...

 Now stitched  and secure both the the fabric with
the same seam as shown above


Prepare all the four hanging sides of the 
table in the same manner


 Now close the side ends like this


 Now it is the turn to attach all four sided to the 
main top part of the table cloth
Stitched corner to corner the prepared hanging panel
to the top part of the table cloth ...


The corners look like this


Here you can clearly see that how the hanging panels
are attached to the top of the tablecloth...


I used a bias tape piping for a bow 
to secure both the corners...


Aaaahaaaa ... DONEEEEE
 A center table runner of the same floral fabric


 A detailed look


Some traditional and delicious Eid treats ...


 My Buffet Table Runner


I stitched the same fabric in stripes and block print it 
with a floral motif in orange colour...

Hope you like my project and please give me your feed back 
that whats your opinion ...
Its a fun project and I love the end result...
What do you say?

HAPPY STITCHING


MY LINKIES
Photobucket
I'm topsy turvy tuesdays 



Creative Itch


17 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dear Farah, so glad to visit your blog after a long gap..your table cloth is really awesome.!! thank you for sharing the tute.. i will be making one in this method soon.. you have inspired me a lot!:)Belated EID MUBARAK:)

Natasha in Oz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It was lovely to read your post and hear about your last few weeks. Your new tablecloth looks so lovely and I loved seeing the special food that your served for Eid. What were the dishes exactly? I would love to know!

Best wishes to you and I hope that you have a wonderful week.
Natasha.

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
you are really an artist in all handicrafts. That tablecloth look so festive and seems perfect for this EID Celebration. You combined wonderfull fabrics and the way, you stiched it, is ingenious. Thank you for sharing this delightful table (food looks very yummy - one is Hummus bi tahina, right?).
Best greetings, Johanna

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady.
I love your tablecloth this is gorgeous!!! Your dishes look beautiful on it. I would like to thank you so much for your lovely comments on my one year Anniversary Tablescapes.. I hope you have a great week with your sweet family.
XXOO Diane

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It is gorgeous!! I love the patterns of fabric you've used Farah, I would have never imagined, they're perfect, the tabletopper came out fabulous and so did the runner, that color combo I love too, they're my color choises!! You're very talented my friend. Thanks for dropping by and for the generous comments. Lots of hugs. FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I also want to thank you for the tutorial on how to, as I do love the idea of the mix patterns and maybe I'll try it one day. The dishes are perfect for it! NICE!
XOXO FABBY

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Oh, I love your pretty tablecloth. You are such a good seamstress! Love the mix of fabrics you've used and the corners are darling!
How nice to have made the table runner too!
Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, So glad to see you are home and turning out beautiful items. You have prepared a wonderful feast for the celebration of Eid. God richly bless you and your family.
Love to you,
Ginger

Lizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That turned out really great! You are talented! Neatness counts on a project like this and you did a perfect job! You must be very happy with it too!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful cloth! Perfect for a special celebration.

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Farah, you have a talent for taking something simple and making it gorgeous! You make me want to sew again . . . almost :D

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, what lovely fabric! And of course what a lovely covering you made with it! Thanks again for stopping by my blog and introducing me to yours!
Jen
Scissors & SPatulas

Nadia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

v v nice, i am zero at sewing

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
You always have the best tutorials here my friend. I love your beautiful runner and tablecloth! I love the fabrics you chose.
In the post before this, your tutorial on how to make the pincushion was wonderful. Thank you Farah for sharing your instructions with us.
It was so interesting hearing about your Eid and month of fasting.
sending hugs...

GHAZALA said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Assalamoalaikum Farah
i had been visiting you thank you for being so inspirationaltake time out to visit me at enhancingcrafts.blogspot.com though it is at its embriyonic stage still......

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, that is a beautiful tablecloth. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just checking in to see if you have any new creations. Hopefully you will have something wonderful soon. I especially enjoy the tours of your homeland.
Love to you, Ginger

LinkWithin