Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baking fun

AFTERNOON TEA
WITH
CHEESE STRAWBERRY CAKE


Hello Dear friends... how are you all ???
Hope enjoying the beginning of  Autumn...
Autumn afternoons are very pleasant...
Neither very hot nor cold.... just a bit moderate
Today I am here with a Tea table for two with 
a very tasty and satisfying cake
Cheese Strawberry Cake



It is very moist, light and very refreshing ...
A touch of strawberry glaze makes it so perfect in taste 
that you never take off your hand from it ... 


Hello you are invited for a cup of tea with this
 delicious treat


Cup of tea in the afternoon with some friendly gossips


I used this very happy paper napkin with a simple tri  folding


I love Mugs more than Tea Cups...
I feel it more casual and friendly with friends like you ...


With a very delicate touch I love the pattern on it ...


I am waiting for you to join me for the tea


For all those who cant join me here 
I am sharing the recipe of the cake...

You will need
1 1/2 cup butter equivalent to 340 gm on room temperature
2 1/2 cup Sugar
3 cup all purpose flour
Cream cheese 8 oz equivalent or 227 gm
6 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Almond extract
1/2 Vanilla extract
2/3 cup strawberry glaze
Preheat oven at 350F or 180C or Gas mark 4
Mix the flour and baking powder and sieve it and put aside ...


 Butter at room temperature


Beat butter until creamy ...


 Gradually add sugar and beating until light and fluffy ...


Add cream cheese and beat until once again 
become creamy


 Add eggs one at a time,
beating just until blended after each addition


Now its turn to add flour, 
at low speed add the flour gradually 
don't over beat at this stage...


Stir Almond and Vanilla extract
And here you can see the final texture of batter


I don't have the strawberry glaze at that time, so I mix 
Strawberry Jam and Strawberry Syrup


Used a 10" tube pan
Pour 1/2 of the batter in the pan ... and than spoon the 
strawberry glaze over it and swirl at one direction with a 
wooden skewer ... Repeat the procedure for the second layer
(sorry I missed to shot that step)
Bake it around 40 minute or
until your skewer comes out clean after inserting in ...


Your beautiful golden cake


You can dressed it with any topping if desired but 
it is so enriched and satisfying in its taste that 
I don't topped it with anything ...
Just some colourful sprinklers


Look at the beautiful and tempting touch of 
strawberry glaze in every slice of cake
You can use any fruit glaze of your choice ...



Please come and have a cup of tea with me
and let me know how is the taste...
Hope my efforts make your mouth watering ...

Waiting for your opinions my dear friends ...




LINKIES FOR THE POST
I'm topsy turvy tuesdays
Strictly Homemade Tuesday






Give It To Me Monday














#ff63e0
 monogram


















26 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

fialka012 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

❤❤❤

Suzana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very nicely explained, the cake looks wonderful.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your cake looks beautiful-enjoy:@)

Lizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh boy that looks so good! I think I shall make this too! Thank-you for the recipe! Your pretty table setting is really lovely! Those are very pretty china pieces too. They would go well with my new white china pitcher!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mmmmm, looks good. Thanks for the recipe. A great one to have on hand. The strawberry glaze looks so good swirling through.
Tell me how to put the "pin it" button at the bottom of the post.
Love to across the miles, Ginger

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,

Thank you so much for inviting me! Your cake looks so yummy, and I wish I was there to taste some. I prefer to use mugs too.

Have a lovely day,

Kathy M.

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Farah I wish I were there in person chatting away with you and learning more about your beautiful life! What a lovely table setting for us to take our tea at!
This recipe is going in my favorites file for sure!
Such a beautiful, beautiful post my friend!
hugs from here...

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
what a lovely table, thank you for the invitation. And the cake looks mouthwatering. How I would enjoy to sit with you on this delightful table, talking, sipping tea and eating that delicious cake. But it is nice that we can do it virtual. Thank you for the detailed tutorial.
Best greetings, Johanna

Katherines Corner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks delicious. Thank you for contacting me Farah. Please link your lovely blog to today's linky party. Hugs

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

looks delicious, Farah! i love the simple ingredients you used for the glaze. thank you for sharing your recipe.

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh this looks so delicious Farah!!!
I love love cake especially with my tea!!
The recipe sounds great and thanks for sharing!
Pamela xo

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this cake looks and sounds delicious! thank you for sharing the recipe with us :)

katie@little things bring smiles

Irene said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The cake looks delicious! And everything looks creatively done! :-)

http://softvoiceofafreespirit.blogspot.com

Life with L said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your table is so charming! I also love mugs.
Teacups are always so elegant, however mugs are more casual. Your cake looks yummy. Thank you for sharing this yummy cake recipe.

Tasha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, that looks so yummy. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love your table set for tea too. So pretty.

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Here I am...I want a piece or twoand the lovely way you've displayed it! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe in such great detail and the how to of this magnificent cake, Farah! Thank you so much for your lovely visit and sweet comment! Hugs, FABBY

Melanie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks really delicious! I think I might make it to go with dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I found you on Boost my blog Friday and I'm a new follower. I love to bake and cook so this is going on my list!

bj said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful cake and delightful table. Thanks so much for the invite and for the luscious recipe.:)
xo bj

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are such a good baker Farah. My mouth was watering for this cake.

Elia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohhh Farah, its so wonderful!!!

thanks so much, the smell has flooded my garden,

It is delicious!!!
I hope you spend a wonderful week,

eljardindemiduende ^^

Nadia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

it absolutely looks amazing, i love cream cheese cake crumbs

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful tea party and the cake looks delicious!

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Oh, what a gorgeous tea party! Just gorgeous snaps and the cake looks so good! I'd love just a very thin slice please! :)
Thank you for much for popping in to see me and your kind words.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady.
OH Farah your tea party looks beautiful with your gorgeous Cake so sweet. I did copy the recipe and I need to have this at one of my dinner partys. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape. I hope you have a great week with your sweet family.
XXOO Dane

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like the recipe and it also lookes delicious !! :D yummmy yummy
but I've got a question and that is that I don't eat Cream cheese i reaally realllyy don't like it
and if I don't use it will the cake have still have the same flavour ?????

LinkWithin