Monday, August 15, 2011

Tour to History

PEEKED INTO
  FIVE HUNDRED YEARS OLD
HISTORY


 Hello my dear fellows ...
Hope you all are doing fine...
Today I am with you from the pages of History...
Pakistan is the land full of history ...
The ruined civilizations of Taxila, 
Mohen jo Daro, Harrapa is in Pakistan...

Today take a tour of
Derawar Fort
a large square fortress in Pakistan near Bahawalpur.
The forty bastions of Derawar are visible for many miles in  
Cholistan Desert.The walls have a circumference of 1500 metres 
and stand up to thirty metres high.


The fort is around 500 years old...
 The first fort on the site was built by Hindu Rajput of Jaisalmer.
It remained in the hands of the royal family of Jaisalmer until captured
and completely rebuilt by the nawabs of Bahawalpur in 1733...

Although the fort is not in good condition now
but I am sure you will enjoy the trip with me...


It is the mosque in Dera Nawab, 
the personal residantial mosque of 
Nawab... Nawab means the Prince


Look at the work .... it is all on Marble .... 
engraved and then filled with colours


It is destroyed by the hands of time but still its beauty
captures you


Its the dome of  Mosque... you cant believe on your eyes
when you see the delicacy of the design


A manual cannon ...


Its a beautiful room where Prince sits and see the activities 
of his soldiers from a very high level room...
The fort is in the desert and here you can see the 
FALL CEILING concept on the roof


Very beautiful floral work on marble


It is the outer wall of grave yard hall where one by one all the 
princes laid to rest...
This blue work is the traditional work of this area...


The graves of princes... the little one are of kids...
The roof of this hall is totally engraved with tiny mirror ... 
so it simply looks like a Mirror Palace


This separate room is an another grave yard but only for the
ladies of Royal Family... 
Even now on one is allowed to go inside other 
than their family members...



It is one the place where the royal family lived
It is called Sadiq Garh Palace


It is Gulzar palace, another elegant palace...

Its a little tour from the ancient world and from the pages of history... 
A romantic touch of that period...
Hope you enjoyed the tour...
I am waiting for your feedback and comments

HAPPY JOURNEY




MY LINKIES

I'm topsy turvy tuesdays
Crazy About My Baybah


14 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Bella@Bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your tours. You showed us yet another beautiful special part of your country, and it is indeed incredible.

I would love to visit such places in my lifetime.

Thanks for sharing with us!!

Hugs, Bella :)
**AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
**PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
This post is amazing my friend. The fort was so interesting to see.
The mosque at Dera Nawab is awe-inspiring. It has such incredible workmanship.
The palace is such a beautiful place as well. I loved reading the history of so many interesting places.

I really loved your post before of your visit to Karachi. The date farm was so interesting for this date lover!!!
sending big hugs to you...

Willow said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful post. I wish I could have been there for real, but your wonderful pictures made me feel like I was. Thank you for sharing.

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, thank you for your beautiful tour. The grandeur of these places is breathtaking. We can only see them thorough your eyes.It is so far away,thank you for taking us. Hugs, Ginger

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
welcome back and thank you so much for taking us on your tour. That is all so beautiful. Really impressive and amazing architecture.
Best greetings, Johanna

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How beautiful, it took my breath away.

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The blue tile work is beautiful!

Jill O. Miles said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Magnificent and amazing. I really enjoyd seeing your photos.

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the tour.. So, perfectly covered the historical importance of places in our country.. :)

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady.
I love your Beautiful tour of your Country sweet lady. I also love the blue tile !!! This would be a place I would love to Visit some day.. I hope you can come see my new Tablescape I put on Monday. I also hope you have a great week.
XXOO Diane

lisbonlioness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I can't thank you enough for taking me on that trip with you! What a magical place, there is beauty in every inch and I am so amazed at the skill and patience that must have gone into every marvellous bit. It makes me feel humble, really.

Cute Everything said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! So much beauty and detail! Thank you for sharing these pictures of a place I may never have seen otherwise. I am a student of design and your photos are very inspiring to me with their beauty.

Lizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Truly amazing- pictures of places that I wouldn't have known about otherwise!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful. Now would love to see inside those palaces.

Sarai

LinkWithin