Monday, August 22, 2011

Pink pin cushion


 PIN CUSHION
IN A TIN
HAVE FUN WITH IT

Hello friends...
My this week post is bit late, in fact because of Ramadan
(month of fasting)
I am bit tired and more lethargic, the weather is hot and humid
and the tiredness of fasting it all creates a laziness...

My today's project is a transformation of simple
tin can into a lovely of Pincushion...

BUT before I start the tutorial I want to share something...
If you remember 
some posts back I shared with you a
beautiful Shabby Cottage of 
Melanie Stricker Hays



You can check it 
She is a very nice soul with her smiling eyes, 
a real creativity in herself...
Now from last four days she is in ICU, 
doctors diagnosed her with SEPTIC SHOCK
 I request all my visitors and readers that please 
pray for her health and speedy recovery...
There is nothing more powerful than the 
PRAYERS...
GOD Himself said asked Me I will give you...
I am sure our prayers will work 
and she will be with her family soon
with complete health...Ameen

OK lets start our today's project... 
you can called it
trash to treasure or a transformation of a tin can into a pincushion




What did you say??? Is it beautiful...



Things you need are...
A tin can of  mixed fruits
A little piece of fabric of your choice
Some laces and polyester sheet & some filling
And hot glue gun


 On the fabric mark a circle, the circle should be big enough
which can cover you tin over all and go 1" inside too...


Cover your tin with polyester sheet with hot glue gun...
Put your tin in the middle of the circled fabric...


Now start covering your tin with the fabric...
glued it a bit inner side of the tin...
when you glued the fabric, remember to make pleats
as shown above ...


The shape will be like this



Now fill your tin with some polyester fillings


Fill it a bit high with the brims of tin 
and give it a rounded shape


Now glued another contrasting fabric to cover the filling
and give it a final touch...
Cut the extra fabric to have smooth look


Prepared your laces now ...
I used nylon based eyelet lase and a
white lace with one side edge



Glued the eyelet with another white lace
with equal plates...



And now once again glued the prepared laces 
on to your fabric covered tin...
Which will hide the rough edges of fabric...
Add some bow and ribbons to beautify it more

Aaahaan :):)



 Your beautiful Pincushion is ready ... hmm just in 20 minutes...
Is it not a fun to make?
Tell me if you go for one I would love to see your 
Beautiful Creative Creation
I will wait for your responses and opinions

And once again I request you all to remember 
Melanie in your Prayers...


 LOVE YOU ALL

Pin It



LINKIES FOR THE POST












Photobucket



Strictly Homemade Tuesday


Photobucket


22 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Shoumi Aslam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,
Looks Simple and elegant !!how is ramadan going on on !!! share some pakistani receipes too for Iftar !!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah this is simply adorable. So kind of you too to mention Melanie. I think all our thoughts and chain of prayers is so positive and encouraging. Today is a new day and hopefully her progress will continue.

wani said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

aslm..
wooww so cute n sweet .....

Chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

very pretty, Farah. These might make nice gifts that need to be shipped.

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Really cute!!

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HI Farah! Oh, I love your little pin cushion and I know I'm going to make one of these! I was looking for a tea cup to make a pin cushion but I don't have to look any more - I'll just open a little can.
I'm so sorry to hear of your friend and I will say a prayer for her right now.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah that came out adorable! Great idea! I'm going to share this with my sister.
Keeping my prayers going for Melanie...

trumatter said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I just stumbled upon your blog and I HEART the pin cushion. This is so so so so adorable. You are so creative.

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
sure I will pray for Melanie, too.
Your pin cushion is so sweet. Your are a clever woman to make from a tin such a treasure.
best greetigns, Johanna

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
What a sweet pincushion! So pretty with the lace!

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love pink, great job, it looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for tutorial:-)
Hugs, Biljana

Doreen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the pretty pin cushion and I need one. I am so sad to here of your friend...I will add her to my prayer list.
I am a new visitor and follower via Wild Wednesday..

Elaine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

New to your blog.. How clever is this idea for a pincushion.

I hope all these prayers will heal your friend

Marianne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, Farah. I found you on Pink Saturday. Mine is the entry right after yours. The pin cushion is very cute and practical too. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by my blog and say hello.

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady.
I love your sweet pie cushion so sweet. I just post on my blog about Melanie. I hope you come join my comments for her.
xxoo Diane

Kirsty said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So cute!

Miss Linda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I found your blog through a comment you left on Shelia's "Note Songs" blog. You have such a lovely blog with so many wonderful ideas! I look forward to visiting again soon.

amy/chick chick sewing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, Farah, I can't believe you made such beautiful pincushion using an empty CAN!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation! Love, Amy

Beverly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so pretty - and very useful. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Pink Saturday.

karmucaycuquino said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

acabo de descubrir tu blog y me gusta mucho, si tienes un rato te invito a visitar el mio.
un saludo Maca
http://karmucaycuquino.blogspot.com/

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, This is beautiful. I would never thought a tin can was under. This would make a lovely hostess gift.
Have you heard how Melanie is doing lately? I pray that she is doing much better. Thank you for lifting her up in prayer.
Love to you, Ginger

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful pin cushion. Your ideas are always so delicate and beautiful!!

Thank you so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday. I hope you will be back this week to share some more amazing ideas!!

LinkWithin