Monday, July 04, 2011

DIY B4and After

MAGAZINE HOLDER

Hello to all my fellows.... 
Aahaan my programme is bit delayed and I am still here...
Today I am so happy that I have my 300 followers... 
Thanks to all of you who encourages me so much...
Its all yours love and care...

So once again with a DIY project ...
So simple and you don't use anything special for it
Just some scrapes of fabric, any cartoon 
and some Mod Podge or white glue and that's all ...
And yes some of your Precious Time...



An organizer made with some trash cartoon


Its a cartoon of Surf detergent


 I cut it with a paper cutter and have two of same sizes


Now I draw the exact shapes on the paper


I place the cut out on my fabric


Now these are the covers for the inner part


Spread white glue on the fabric

And paste it in the inner part... one be by one I covered all
the inner walls...


I left it for drying a bit and
 in the mean time I cut another fabric pieces 
for the outer walls

Again with the same method I pasted the outer wall fabric


Here you can see the the inner and outer both...
You can see the overlapping open edges of 
outer fabric in the picture...
Here I used to paste Bias Tape to hide these edges
(sorry I forget to shoot that)


Hmm here it is the end result...
What did you say ...isn't a good Trash to treasure ...
A very cute you magazine organizer for your craft room ...
or in the lounge for daily newspapers...
Hope you liked it and try some for yourself



MY LINKIES



Tip 
Junkie handmade projects
Photobucket
Strictly Homemade Tuesday

BWS tips button

NetworkMonday











21 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

nima said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow...that's brilliant idea farah...thank you for sharing the tutorial

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a totally clever way to create useful storage!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great idea! You did a lovely job! Thanks for sharing this useful storage!
Nice space you got here.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Karachiite said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hello Farah!! love love love your blog!! :D
thanks for sharing your stuff

Light Trigger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

beautiful and useful!!!
thanks for sharing!

Naturally Carol said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is a wonderful idea and so simple to do! It will save a lot of money too. I hope you are having a lovely week Farah..and congratulations on 300 followers ..wow!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, that is really a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

AmberFaith said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello! Newest follower from the Mingle Monday blog hop! Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get a chance. Have a great week! (:

Amber
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

CREATIVE MIND said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Assalam Alaikum dear Farah Auntie,
This is an interesting post,everybody throw these boxes in garbage but its an awesome recycling & usage :)
thanks for the tutorial..

Farah Muzaffar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you very much sweet ladies...

Karima said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi great tutorial, I have done this before, it is good because you can make them blend in with the decor!
Now fb,nb and google friend following, please pop by, Karima x
www.karimascrafts.com

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow!! its a great idea Farah!!i liked the fabrics u used.. great to keep on the table!thinking of making one like this!:)

farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi farah as always great idea and beautifully executed. the soap box has turned into such a great utility item . hats off to you! all the best

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As usual, such a creative project. This is an excellent was to save the earth from too much trash. Trash to treasures. Great. Love, Ginger

Yasmin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this trash to treasure concept. Thanks for a great tutorial. I can try this with my son who is having his summer break.

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look great, Farah! Love the colorful pattern! It's great that it's so pretty and practical!

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah - very nice tutorial!

Penny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's very clever of you!

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Oh, this is wonderful! I need to make some of these for my magazines. Your tutorial is so clear to understand. Thank so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What an awesome project Farah! This would be so much fun to make.
I know you are on vacation and I hope that you are having the time of your life! All is good here.
I was so happy to hear from you!
sending hugs...

Sara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what a great idea!

LinkWithin