Monday, June 27, 2011

Kids craft

 HAPPY PENCIL CASES

Hello dear fellows...
How are you all, so now summer is everywhere with its full bloom
Every where is HOT HOT SUMMER...
And the only thing in summer that I love most are
MANGOES
Do you like them? Here in Pakistan we have more that 80 types of Mangoes
And everyone is different in taste and smell mm mm

Hmm and the second thing...I am going to Karachi for 
next two weeks, so it may possible that I cant post for that time...

But I will try to share my trip with you and send you
some pictures of markets, beaches, and some functions...

OK now lets talk about today's project, my today's project is
related to my trip to Karachi


A cute colourful pencil holder for kids... 
I made these for my darling nieces...
Three of them love colouring


It can hold some colour pencil and a note book

Very simple and fun to make it and sure kids will love it...
A perfect gift with a personal touch


I used three mix and match fabric for it... 
Three of them are of  24 x 45 cm each ...
And the same size of polyester sheet


 First pin up one fabric of your choice to the polyester sheet


Than take second fabric, fold it in half length wise 
from the center...
And pin up this too
 Remember the center fold is on the upper side 
as shown in the picture

Now mark straight lines from the tailoring chalk
to make pockets for the pencils and 
any note book if you want


Start stitching ... 
first of all stitch all the marked lines of pockets
check by inserting a pencil when you stitched  some


Now all your pockets are ready


It is the turn to pin up the third and last piece of fabric...
Place the back piece onto the front piece 
right sides together.


Sew around the edges using a 1/4 inch seam allowance,
making sure to leave an opening somewhere to turn
it right side out...


I hand sewn this opening after turn it right


Hmm what a little treasure for my darling nieces
I am sure they will love it 


I fold it in three step like this 

And than this


A closer look to yoyo and decorative ribbon...


 So what do you think which is best among three of them?

I am trying to give a easy tutorial, 
but if there is any mistake or confusion 
please ask me I am just here with you
Waiting for your comments on my this little sewing project...

Wish you all a happy weekend

HAPPY SEWING






I AM LINKED UP WITH

Creative Itch



Photobucket
Strictly Homemade Tuesday
Photobucket


25 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

The Creative Muslimah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Assalamualeikum dear aunty! :)
Thanks for sharing! This tutorial would be a great one to share in my 100th post summer inspired competition, to get your blog featured for free! :)
Read more at

http://thecreativemuslimah.blogspot.com/2011/06/100-th-post-get-your-blog-featured.html

-the creative muslimah

lisbonlioness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, they are all beautiful, but I think my favourite is the one you used in your tutorial.
Your nieces will love them! Heck, Farah, I am 32 years old, but I would love to have one myself.
You are so talented, thanks for the tutorial!

Santosh Bangar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

very beautiful and attravctive pencil case kids will realy like it ur every work is excellent super!!

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cool!!! I love it.. :) I want one too.. ;) hehe

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your pencil cases

Melody said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! What a great tutorial. We'ew so glad you joined us at the Etsy Cottage Style Cottage Colors Party. Isn't funny how different colors mean different things in different parts of the world.

Shoumi Aslam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

very beautiful and attravctive pencil case for kids ... They will surely like this !! Enjoy your Days in KArachi....

Visit my blog and Say a Hai,,,...
Love Shoumi
http://shoumiaslam.blogspot.com/

Trend Square said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

luv these pencil cases :). your nieces will surely like them

http://trendsquare.blogspot.com/

Margie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

these are very cute! i like the orange polka dotted one with the stripe ribbon! thank you for visiting me, please stop by again! :)

Margie

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a neat idea and so functional. These are such sweet gifts for anyone with a love for coloring and art.
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my tablescape. I honored that you would want to adopt any of my ideas. From one so talented and creative I am happy to have you use any idea. Much love from the Georgia Coast, Ginger

xinex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so creative, Farah! These pencil holders are simply beautiful, attractive and functional. And oh I love mangoes too!..Christine

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
this pencil cases make a wonderful gift for your nieces. They will be very happy about such a charming set. Thank you for sharing your extraordinary kills with this tutorial.
Best greetings, Johanna

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

h my dear Farrah, this are gorgeous. Thank you for your wonderful tutorial! I love the one you showed in the tutorial specially, but really, they're all so very pretty my friend, you're a very talented girl! Thank you for coming by too, and for the lovely and sweet comments. Love, FABBY

The Polka Dot Closet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah that is great! I would love to use this pattern for make up brushes for my nieces. The teenagers here have tons of make up brushes. Oh, I could use them for paint brushes also! I am going to save this, thank you!

Carol

Amy Gilman and Emily Lee (Sisters of the Wild West) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i like the orange. great tutorial. we are your newest followers

Confessions of a Plate Addict said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a wonderful idea! And thank you for the tutorial! Happy week!...hugs....Debbie

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Adorable pencil cases. You have great sewing skills. Thanks for the idea:)

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HI Farah! Oh, you're so creative and these little pencil cases are so sweet! I love how you've embellished them too.
Thank you so much for your visit and your sweet wishes for my little Carter!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is a great idea as well as a great gift for young kids. i will try it out for my son.

Light Trigger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

we love it!!!! beautiful!

very merry vintage style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are so pretty-great tutorial!
Thanks for linking this post to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week--
Mary

Ann from On Sutton Place said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are very cute and so functional. Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it! I am a new follower.

Misty @Creative Itch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Darling pencil cases!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'! I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

Misty @Creative Itch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dear Farah Aapa. I am from Karachi..All you tutorials are excellent Masha'Allah. I just want to know from where I can find this polyester sheet? pls help Thanx alot Regards, Rabi

LinkWithin