Monday, May 02, 2011

My passion

FRILLED CUSHION

Hello Dear friends
Hope all are doing fine and enjoying spring season…
Here it is quite hot now, mostly ACs are turned on
and better to stay at home …
I am very thankful to all those who likes and comment
on my first Decoupage project of Ballerina…
I am very much encouraged by your love, 
so soon I am going to decoupage my an old wooden tray…
But today I am here with a very cute

Frilled Cushion




I have a large wooden box which I wanted
to make a settee, so I stitched a skirt and theses cushions…
Very simple and easy to make
My fillers are 40 x 40 cm and I want to make two cushions …



The two pieces of 45 x 45 cm for front part,
Four strips of 13 x 100 cm



First I made a center crease by folding and pressing
And then two more on the each side of center one
As you can see in the above picture.
 Folding and pressing gave you a straight line for sewing


I folded double the one strip of 13 x 100cm
And start stitching from the left hand side crease with little pleats



After finishing the first one again I started from
The top with second strip on the middle crease


Now the third one,
it is equally adjacent to the previous one
To make a balanced center



Now it is turn of the fourth and last one
Stitched it with the same way you have done
the last three.


The basic design is completed now



Now to hide all the seams I took a strip of
contrasting fabric and stitched it
on the open seam in the center



After that I stitched the back part of the cushion
as normally the cushion stitched...



Ohhhh my cushion is ready and it took only my
30 minutes from start to finish



After stitching I feel that it looks cuter in some
Pastel shades
But I have to go with this
because it’s the next contrasting colour of
wooden box skirt



They are now at their place ,
Two cushion at back of same fabric
and these two in contrasting shade and
I think it gives my settee a comfortable and pretty look
What did you say?
Please let me inform that am I passed in my stitching?
I am hoping that this tutorial helps you if
You also want to make some like this
I will be happy to reply you if anyone of you
has any problem or confusion about the
sewing points I mention
Hope all of you have good week start
Be Happy And Make Others Happy

HAPPY  SEWING



MY LINKIES
Strictly Homemade Tuesday




















Photobucket











BWS tips button






26 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow Farah you are quite a seamstress! Your cushions are beautiful. I love the details.

Tanya said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very neatly done as usual! They look so nice.

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your ruffles were beautifully stitched, and I love this idea for pillows. I'd like to have seen your settee before it was a settee.
It is very pretty and your colors complement each other well. I'm working on curtains for new windows and still making decisions.
Good post!

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey another nice project! Good details, I love ruffles.. They look so amazingly pretty in just about everything..
Love
Hani

http://www.craftionary.blogspot.com

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the detail of the ruffles! I think I'm going to copy this from you Farah, for my granddaughters's rooms, they're moving in a year to their new house, it's at the time, getting built. I want to have many things ready for my daughter for her new home. Thanks for sharing, this is great!
Hugs
FABBY

Miss Crafty Pants said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love it! Thanks for commenting on my blog and linking up to my party. I've added you to my "Crafty Bloggers" on the bottom of the page.
Nice to meet you!
Thanks,
Erika
(www.misscraftypants.com)

Tasha from Creation Corner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They turned out beautiful Farah

lisbonlioness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

they are so beautiful! Great job, I wish I could sew like you.

Carol Daisy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, Hi this is Carol Daisy. Sorry I have not got back to you before, I added a link to my blog.
Love your work too. Sorry can't spend more time. Very limited online time at the moment.

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful Farah! I love the colour it looks to me purple?
Love the ruffle...you are so clever!!
Pamela xo

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I think you are such a talented lady. Everything you is unique and so expertly done. I think this frilled pillow can be used in so many places and decors. I am saving this tutorial for future use. You are fabulous. Much love and hugs coming your way, Ginger :)

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, those pillows are beautiful! The look lovely on your settee!

vaheeda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amazing!!!!farah..it is so pretty...this will be my next project...pls share the settee skirt procedure too...want to make one..

vaheeda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Amazing!!!!farah..it is so pretty...this will be my next project...pls share the settee skirt procedure too...want to make one..

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
sorry, that I am a bit late with my comment. But I never forget to look at your blog. Your creativity has brought again a gorgeous project. This pillows are too beautiful. That photo is really magazin worthy. Thank you for the tutorial.
Best greetings, Johanna

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW!!! That is amazing! It looks as though it were something I would find in the store!!!

Thank you for finding my blog!!!

Naturally Me Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Tnx for stopping by to link up at Who Made What? Weekends!

It's so nice to see your work again, those pillows are really cute and i love the colours! :) I don't know if i can even finish ANY type of craft in only 30 mins...hehe. :)

Jessica said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the pleats!

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Absolutely gorgeous Farah! The color of the fabric is stunning and I love the detail!

Trisha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It turned out beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :D
I'm your newest follwer!!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your talents never cease to amaze me Farah. You can cook, sew, garden, paint..you are so talented. thanks for sharing!~

Young and Crafty said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These pillows are adoarable! LOVE the ruffles!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Hannah

Karie's Chic Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful ruffled pillow. I really like it. You have done a beautiful job making it. You blog is very nice and I like visiting it. You are a creative person. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. I so appreciate it. Hope you will come back again. Karie

Plateful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, you are such a sweetheart. I love the pleated design on your cushion and the color too! Way to go my friend!!

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wowo Farah, these are gorgeous!! I personally LOVE decorative pillows and these are stunning. They only took you 30 minutes to make??? You are quite the seamstress.

Have a great day and thanks so much for linking over at Strictly Homemade Tuesday!

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These cushions are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin