Saturday, April 23, 2011

DIY project

BALLERINA
A
CRAFT CHALLENGE
Hello to all of my dear friends...
Today I am here with a
Spring Art Challenge Party
hosted by
DEBBI
of


Its a fun challenge, Debbi said ...
"Something fun for all you talented artists and crafters no matter 
what medium you work with,you can use this image in any art form or media, 
alter as you wish
Very simple rules to play by....
And the linky is opened till April 30th..."

So I take the challenge and thought so many thing to do
And finally choose to Decoupage the image on a clay pot ...


It is my project of
Spring Art Challenge

How I do it ???
Things you need are
A clay pot, Acrylic paints, clear varnish
some glue glitter pen and ribbon for a bow...

It is my an old simple clay pot which I painted and sponge with
different colour but now I wanted to change it ...


I decided to used it for my this Decoupage project
Acrylic colour are best to hide something old painted ...


Covered it with Brown, White, and a touch of yellow...
I want to give it a texture of visible strokes...
so you can see clearly that
I don't give it a very smooth and refined look


After drying  I painted free handily small bunches
of flowers... Used the same Acrylic colours ...


Add touch of green colour for the leaves...
Covered the whole pot with these free hand bunches...


I took two prints in which one is flipped,
so with that I can join their hands, as shown above...
Pasted both the pictures with mod podge


Here again I used to paint those bunches between their hands
to gave the picture a sense of their joining hands...


Now  wants to add some details to the picture...
Some silvery glitter touch to edges of the dress,
add some red and green glitter to the flower bunches...
And finally the coat of clear varnish...


 I coated 5 times after every 8 hours...
 Tie a silver bow on the neck of the pot


Now I am ready to show off my finished project...
It has absolutely a very smooth surface...


I took the challenge and its my little effort and a bit creativity
to share with you
How do you find my this week project?
Is it easy to understand the tutorial?
Do you like the idea?
I am waiting for you responses, suggestion and opinions,

HAPPY CRAFTING


I AM LINKED UP WITH




A Marvelous Mess














Sunday Blog Hop Shibley Smiles
monogram










37 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

CREATIVE MIND said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so cute & Lovely..i want to ask one thing specially,Is Mod Podge available in Islamabad or Pakistan..?
well its great,keep it up.

Melynda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your skills are superior, your finished crafts and projects always beautiful!

Missouri's Lilac said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohh how lovely. So beautiful.

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah dearest...this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am crazy about this! What a talent you are. I love how you painted the little bunches of flowers and how you showed us how to paint the pot and ready it for decoration.
Just wonderful!!!
Have a lovely weekend.
sending hugs...

lisbonlioness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very elegant and retro, you did a wonderful job, Farah!

lisbonlioness said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@ creative mind: My love, instead of ModPodge, you can use normal white PVA glue which you give to schoolchildren for their craft projects. Just water it down a tiny little bit, and you have your own, cheap, perfect ModPodge!

Debbi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW!!! I love how you matched the flowers on the vase to the image! Just love these challenges, it brings out the most creative ideas!
Thanks for joining in:)

anandhirajan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh farah you are versatile and your ideas are very inspiring for others to follow
anandhirajan
www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like your project, so romantic and beautiful (gorgeous painting flowers):-)
Great tutorial, thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful day, hugs Biljana

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your challenge piece is fabulous! I would have never thought of putting the image on a pot, but you are so creative you did! And it looks wonderful!
Hugs,
Terri

Cozy Little House said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How very beautiful this is! And with the arrangement, you've told a story. Very enchanting work of art you've created here!
Brenda

Designs By Pinky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so creative, Farrah! I am not good with crafts. I do floral design. Hope you are having a good day! XO, Pinky

Marlis said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your jar has become a work of art. I love that you added your own art to the prints to give them more dimension. A very lovely creation. Thanks for dropping in.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, this is stunning. I love how you did all the beautiful free hand flowers on it. What a creative idea. I love it. Hugs, Marty

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! How pretty!
thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

very merry vintage style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Turned out lovely--what a fun challenge! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah, its such a great creative work!!luv the finish so much!!by the way thank you so much for directing me to Stmble Upon..:)..XOXOX

farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi farah great work this one. wow the ballerinas look so lovely. what a beautiful end product. thanks for the step by step instructions as well. waiting for more!

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, this is a cute coincidence.. :)I love the vintage look and the how you matched the flowers with the ballerina.. did you print the ballerina out and decoupaged it?
Thanks for sharing such a sweet idea..
Love
Hani

http://www.craftionary.blogspot.com

Christina @ The Tattered Tag said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah~

You are so talented, your clay pot is so beautiful & creative! Thank you so much for sharing this at my K.I.S.S. blog bash, your are appreciated. :) I am happy to be a new follower of your lovely blog.

Drop By The Tattered Tag

MessyMissy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love those ballerina prints. It came out lovely!! I would love it if you would link this project up to my blog party, A Marvelous Mess....each week I pick one project to feature on my side bar!! Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/3chfp5t

Cottage Touch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMgosh your so talented...Inspiring project and blog.

Liz- said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was amazing! You do such a great job, so talented!

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah this turned out so beautiful and the flowers you painted are lovely!

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
I love Decoupage artwork and your work turned out beautiful. You are so talented.
Greetings, Johanna

Life in Rehab said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such an excellent variety of techniques! Ultra feminine as always, Farah.

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very beautiful Farah!
I love anything to do with ballet!
Pamela ox

Diann said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That turned out lovely!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Farah that was so clever and turned out just wonderful!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just lovely, Farah. As always! Your flowers are darling - great tutorial! I think too often people don't realize they can paint vases and create a new look.

I love the dancer! Makes me want to dance again myself.

Thanks for you visit and nice comments today :)

Maria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dear Farah,

The transformation of your vase was very successful! In my opinion, the outcome is really good!

I would like to thank you for visiting often my blog and leaving me your lovely comments, and tell you that, unfortunately, one- stroke art cannot be easily learned through a blog tutorial, because it concerns repeated movements that are learned only through exercise. If to help you, there are several videos on youtube...

Kisses from Greece!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I love what you did with the ballerina. Taking an existing vase and totally changing it style was a beautiful project. The hand painted flowers are so lovely and make the finished project a true work of art. You tutorial is perfect. I probably could not do the hand painted flowers as you are the one with talent. I could maybe do the other. Thank you for sharing your awesome talent.
Sorry I haven't been around a lot. I have been sporatic lately. Thank you for thinking of Bob and me. You have such a loving heart. Love, Ginger

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady. I also love what you did with your old vase !!! You are so good with all your Crafts ~~
Just Beautiful sweet lady.
Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescapes~~ I hope you have a Great Day!!!
xxoo
Diane

Something Special said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This project turned out very pretty! you are a very talented artist.

Natasa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah i'm Natasa from Greece. Well I found you!!!!!!
I love the construction of the jar and the ballerina .... is a wonderful creation that won me the first time I saw !!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for linking up at Relax and Surf Sunday!

Naturally Me Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is gorgeous Farah! :) What a fabulous idea, your pot is simply lovely.

LinkWithin