Thursday, April 07, 2011

Crafting world

INSPIRATION
FOR 
BEING CRAFTY

Hello Dear fellows...
How are you all, I am fine and back from my vacations
spent with my mother in Karachi...

Last Saturday on Face Book, we a group of some very
good friends held a party to show our books regarding to 
any type of CRAFTS... Actually to show up our libraries of crafting...
Its a good idea for all those who love to do something...
So today I am sharing my treasure to all of you ...

I am a lover of books... 
what I will show you today is only 40% of my treasure... 
Its is around 12 to 15 years old asset and I love it very much...
Its the inspiration for me to do something...

OK don't talk more lets start...

(Picture will be enlarged after clicking on them)



I love these Country Craft Mags from Australia 


The projects are tempting...


These pleated place mats are so cheerful and
perfect for a sunny breakfast...


Very cute jar covers for the bottles of 
your crafting material...
A simple towel can be so pretty  after a little effort...

Some Ribbon Embroidery Projects 


I wish I can have that much neatness and 
make a project like this ...


A mix work of ribbon, colonial knots, bit of painting

 A closer look of this marvelous beauty ...


Another beautiful project of Ribbon Work ...

 Have a look on some patchwork projects....


A very simple patchwork quilt


What do you say about decorative painting


 A painted wooden boxes... Aren't the tulips are gorgeous...


How to paint flowers... A very easy tutorial to understand ...

 Something about flowers and arrangements...


Some very useful books about floral arrangements ...


 I love this topiary ...


 Its a pressed flower project


 A beautiful wreathe


Some very easy and delicate arrangements




A very cute Bear  cross stitch wall hanging


Do you know what is this?
These flowers are made by tissue paper...
isn't an artistic approach?


A very simple way to paint strawberries


One of my favourite mag


This is one of my favourite thing...
White on white with candle wicked embroidery

And finally I want to share some of my vintage pattern of 
emboridery and painting... mostly of them are
 from my grand mother and 
some of my great grand mother...
They are a real treasure for me


Hope you enjoyed the tour of my library and 
some of my favourite projects...
Which you like most, which you want to do...
Hope you like to share with me 
And let me know about this post... 
Is it interesting ?
Do you wish to start any project ?
Do you enjoyed the tour ?

Waiting for you responses 
Wish you all happy spring, 
happy colours and happy life

And

HAPPY CRAFTING




I AM LINKED UP TO

Single Parent Retreat




monogram




Photobucket























31 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

vaheeda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

truely an inspirational post!!!
which one I select...dear..farah..?I like each book...patchwork..ribbon embroidery..decorative painting..floral arrangement.......
I wud like to do this ribbon embroidery in future...U bought all these books online...?
http://zovascreations.blogspot.com

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow Farah, you have quite a collection! This week has been perfect weather to sit outside and enjoy looking through magazines such as yours! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

nima said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow...that's a big collection Farah. Me too love to collect crafty magazines and books, especially on needlecraft...

Farah Muzaffar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you very much... No Vaheeda I purchased all of them from different flea markets, old book banks...

Plateful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Welcome back, Farah! Hope you had a good break. You have such a great collection of artwork, simply brilliant!! I am truly amazed at how you reproduce those crafty ideas from glossy magazines. You rock, sachi!!

Life with L said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, you have quite the collection of craft books. Just think, you have only shown us 40% of them.
I used to be a crafter years ago when my children were young. Now, I have moved on to technology, decorating, entertaining , clogging and gardening. I have a great appreciation for anyone who devotes their precious time on creating wonderful projects. It is always a pleasure to see what you have made. I do love floral design too. I have always wanted to take lessons. Thank you for sharing these wonderful treasures.

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a lovely post - so many beautiful craft projects! You have such a nice library. I love the vintage embroidery patterns!

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow.. that truly is a big collection and amazingly thats only 40% of your total collection.. I don't even have 1% of your 40% collection.. so I can't imagine your complete collection.. beautiful books.. Loved scrolling through them all.. :)
Enjoy your books.. they really are your treasure.. :)
Love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

Miss Rhea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, lots of great magazines with tons of inspiration !! I love the Silk Ribbon embroidery the best :) Hugs to you sweet friend !! Have a Great week !!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So many wonderful crafts. I loved looking at them all. I use to do a ton of needlework and I have many treasures that I still love. I also use to quilt. After making 5 quilts, I said done. A ton of work, but such treasures also. I always enjoy seeing your crafts. Hugs, Marty

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dear Farah,
whow, that looks like a lot of work for this year. All handcrafts look so tempting.
Greetings, Johanna

A Perfect Setting said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great collection! I have quite a few decorating magazines, and I have a hard time getting rid of them. They are quite inspirational!! It's great that you have your mother's and grandmother's patterns, I agree, they are treasures!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Tasha from Creation Corner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love craft books and magazines too. It looks like you have some fun things you want to work on :) My list seems to be long on projects to work on. Today I am working on some baby things for a nephew that will be born soon. That is always fun

A Hint of Home said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You have so many beautiful books to get lovely ideas for all those wonderful projects.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Xenia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! What a collection, Farah!

Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Tina Peterson said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello, I enjoy meeting other people that love crafts. I used to do a lot of crafts - sewing, quilting, embroidery, cross stitch, etc. Now I mostly do baby quilts and sew some and also I do some crochet (mostly dishcloths and bags for going shopping.

It's wonderful to meet you - have a great weekend!
Tina "the Book Lady"
http://familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com
http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com

CREATIVE MIND said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a nice collection,you have such a huge treasure in these magazines..inspiration is always necessary..keep it up dear

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah!!!
I love all this stuff!!
I am crazy for ribbon embrodidery it is my favourite.
I used to do a lot of decorative painting in my 20's it was very relaxing.
All this art is so wonderful and homey!!
Pamela xoox

Rhonda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
You have an incredible collection of craft books. I am quite certain that I would just sit and look through them all and plan and plan and plan - never getting one craft done!!!
I am glad you came over.
Rhonda

Jerri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi. Thanks for visiting my UBP party post! I'm following you back!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good day Farah! Thanks for coming by and your sweet comment. You are so very crafty at everything. I wish I was as good. Practice practice for me. Those are some good looking magazines!

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farrah, love all these creative juices flowing...wish I was able to do all that, I love your blog so much inspiration!

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow farah!!these are very inspiring mags..i too am mad abt collecting such books..and sometimes wonder when i will be able to use them all!!:)

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady. I love coming over to see all the new crafty things you are doing sweet lady. You are so good !!!!I hope you are having a Great Weekend...
XXOO
Diane

mrs.shopper said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I did not know there was so many craft magazines. New gfc friend. Please follow back @ http://simplyshopandsave.ca

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, you have a lot of books/magazines for inspiration. I probably have as much inspiration but it's all on my computer in the form of sites and blogs.
thanks for sharing!
gail

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so inspired after viewing all of your library of inspiration Farah! I love the beautiful pictures of ribbonwork. I have always wanted to try it. Your embroidery patterns from your grandmother and great grandmother are treasures to have in your hands.
What a treat to come here and see all of this beauty today.
I am so happy to hear you are home safe. I hope your visit was joyful.
sending hugs...

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow what an amazing collection you have. Quite inspirational, thank you so much for sharing!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your library is so extensive. You have lots of interesting books, instructions and patterns. You are so talented and I can see now that your talent was passed from your mother and grandmother. Thank you for sharing this treasure with us. I certainly enjoyed the post. Hugs, Ginger

Karie's Chic Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great collection! I love crafting magazines. . Thank you for sharing the inspritation to make something beautiful. And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. I so appreciate it. I hope you will come back again. Have a wonderful day. Karie

Shelia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Oh, my goodness! Look at all your craft books! I love them too and used to do so many crafts! I've slowed down a bit in my olden age! :)
What pretty things! Now you're going to have to show us some of the ones you've done!
Thank you so much for popping in to see me and for your sweet comments on my bedroom.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

LinkWithin