Monday, March 07, 2011

Napkin folds

BEAUTIFY YOUR TABLE
WITH  THOSE
NAPKIN FOLDS





Hello my dear friends ...

Today I am sharing some Napkin Fold which can enhance 
the beauty of your table.
First I want to share some information about Napkins...
Napkins with firmly woven threads such as cotton or linen are best for folding 
as they will hold a crease and folds will hold better. 
Also lightly starching the napkins will also help with the creases and folds.
When selecting a table napkin, the most important factor 
to keep in mind is the nature of the event.
At a formal dinner paper napkins shouldn't be used, 
but paper napkins would be acceptable at a casual luncheon. 
 At formal dining events, cloth napkins with a solid color should be used. 

The standard size for luncheon napkins are 17" x 17" 
while dinner napkins are 20" x 20".
  
Napkins can be folded with or without napkin rings.
Its up to your choice that what type of fold you wanted...
Here I show you some with napkin rings and some without it...
Hope you will like it...
 ( Pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them )

 # 1

 A simple soft cotton gives you the best shape for this ...


 Fold the napkin diagonally.


Repeat the same step, 
now take the right hand side and 
fold it down to the middle.


Take the open side and wrap it over the front 
to make a conical shape ...


It is your simple and elegant napkin folding ...

# 2

A soft printed or lined napkin sets the mood for this fold ...


Starting from the middle, gathered pleats diagonally 
from both the sides, continue towards the corners


Now carefully fold the napkin 
a bit top of the other half ...


Place a ring over the pleats ...

# 3

This feminine look fold suitable for special occasion... 
A starched cotton napkin work best ...


Fold the napkin that the ends meet diagonally ...


Concertina the napkin from the center,
working outwards evenly ...


While holding the pleats together push the ring over the
bottom and place it 
where your napkin look neat and even ...


# 4

Any soft printed or plain fabric 
works well for this fold ...


Fold the napkin into a triangle then 
again fold into another triangle ...


Fold again into next triangle a bit smaller, 
but do not match the 
corners ...
It should look stepped ...


Now folded the third remaining corner in 
previous manner ...


Slip a napkin ring over the end 
and ease it towards the center ...


Hope you like it and try some of them ...
I am sure you will let me know that which one you like most ...
I am going to make some new napkins and napkin rings,
sure will share with you
with some more formal setting and folding ...
Waiting anxiously for your comments and likings ...
 ( hope you like it) ...

HAPPY TABLE SETTING



MY LINKIES




Family Friendly Frugality






monogram


39 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

χρυσάνθη said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good ideas!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice napkin rings!!!!
Kisses from Greece

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
yes sure we like it! Your tutorials are always great. Those are new ideas how to fold napkins and you made a fantastic job. And you have wonderful napkins and napkin rings, too.
Thank you for sharing this lovely ideas.
Greetings, Johanna

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are all so pretty Farah! The last one in my fav!

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your tutorial was very easy to follow and you've piqued my interest in using fabric napkins. We've become slaves to convenience and usually have paper napkins at hand. But you have beautiful napkins that you must enjoy using.I don't see to many pretty napkins in the stores; they are usually just solid colors and match the placemats. I think one must make pretty napkins. I loved the ones you have with the lacey trimmed edges and your stiped napkin arragement was so feminine!
Thanks for taking the time to remind us that taking a little time can be a nice thing! :D
Debbie

Terrie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

All so nice and neat, particularly love the pink one and the last one.

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great ideas for beautiful table settings Farah! Thanks so much for sharing!

HANI said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

cute ideas..
love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

Tanya said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've never folded my napkins elegantly before. I really like the last folding technique you showed!

Entertaining Women said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for sharing your lovely napkin folding tutorial and for stopping by my post.

kitchenmorph said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi farah

i'm your new follower. saw you in mini's. mini chechi is my neighbor in hometown and now my friend.

i expose myself when i say tht i don know to stitch a button properly...booo hooo...but i love to look and admire crafts. my mom and aunt are excellent at needle work.

i'll be back to explore more. i love your blog. will be a regular visitor here...

Geta Grama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great ideas, Farah, they look lovely.

Liz@http://infusewithliz.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are some great ideas! I admit I am not well versed on the subject!
Thanks for sharing the ideas!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Absolutely love these. I can use these because I usually can't remember the neat napkin folds. I especially love the first one that has a napkin ring. The one with the rose. My second favorite was the concertina fold napkin. I will definitely be trying these. Thank you soooo much for the tutorials. Hugs and love coming your way. Ginger

Bill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wonderful tutorial, Farah! You have some very beautiful napkins, and you fold them artfully and with great finesse.

Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Regards,
Bill

FLOWERSHOPGURL said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, Thank you for sharing your napking folding, the second one is my favorite. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugz,
Kim

A Perfect Setting said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, Loved you napkin tutorial. I will be using some of your great designs on my tables in the near future. I loved them all, but I think, if I had to choose, I would like #3 the best. Thank you for visiting with me, I always appreciate your kind comments. Love learning from you!!

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful tutorial! I especially like #4 - so elegant!

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah ,you have done them very artfully!!.. i like all of them esp the pink and the last one!:)..Thank you so much for sharing dear!:)

Quiltbenaco said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ottimi suggerimenti!
Ciao dall'Italia

Danielle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just hopping along on the Thursday Blog Hop. I am your newest follower and you can find us at The Mommy Chronicles

Danielle

Victoria's Voice said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are very nice! You are very talented!

Thank you for stopping by and participating in my blog hop. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Vickie
http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

Menopausal New Mom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, those are so beautiful!! They really do make a difference in how your table looks.

And thanks for joining our cute Cafe Blog hop today, I'm happily following you back :)

Happy Thursday!

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was so awesome Farrah. My son is very much into origami, and sometimes comes and shows me fun napkin techniques. These are super easy, and so beautiful. I would like to share this on my facebook page. Thanks again!!!

Bella :)

Made By Gen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow pretty tutorial..A new follower from Thrifty Thursday...See you in my page...

SocialStudiesSoubrette said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've always wanted to know how to fold napkins. I really like the look of number three. Thanks so much for the tutorial!

I am a new follower from the Thursday blog hops. Come and visit me at:
http://socialstudiesmomma.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed week!

mmbear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am now following you thru GFC as a new follower. I am new to blogging with a little over 2 months and learn something new every day. I will make mistakes so please be patient until I get the hang of it all. I would greatly appreciate a follow back. Thanks!

Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pretty! I love all the napkin folds you showed us. Your napkins are beautiful, too!

Designs on 47th Street said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am SO happy you stopped by my blog and left a comment. I am really wanting to learn more napkin folds, so your post is very timely. Thank you so much for your instructions!

I do hope you will come by often for visits to my blog. I look forward to visiting yours more too.

Donna

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

so elegant. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What beautiful napkin folds Farah!! I love them all, but #4 is my favorite! I have to try that one!! Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by!!

Nancy StylenDecorDeals.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just Lovely! You have a great blog!
Newest follower!
Hope you can follow back! http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

Tanya (a Taste of T) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love these! I used to cater and I'm kinda obsessed with napkin folds. They're just so fun.

Here from a blog hop and happy to meet you,
<3, New Follower
Tomorrow starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

Tanya (a Taste of T) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love these! I used to cater and I'm kinda obsessed with napkin folds. They're just so fun.

Here from a blog hop and happy to meet you,
<3, New Follower
Tomorrow starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

Plateful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Salam, Farah! I'm glad to have come across a person with such artistic skills and the beautiful space that you share with us. I've always been interested in arts and crafts and loved any ideas that would add beauty with a personal touch to your homes. Beautiful things make me smile and that's what I'm doing looking at your space :)

Hey which part of Pakistan are you from? I am living in Qatar and a few of my best friends are from Pakistan. I'm a great admirer of the gorgeous textiles and designs from Pakistan and a great fan of Atif Aslam :) Loved all your napkin ideas, the napkin rings and the lovely flowers. MashaAllah, you are talented!

Plateful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh btw, I'm Nashira Usef, an Indian expat living in Doha, Qatar :)

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
come over and please let me know your thoughts on my message board
Love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

Naturally Me Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are really pretty!!

Victoria Mische said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So many great ideas! Can't wait to try one of those cute napkin folds. Your tutorials are great as always.

Folding Chair Covers

Roulita T. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great ideas!! :)

LinkWithin