Sunday, February 20, 2011

Laces and ribbons

TREASURE
OF
LACES AND RIBBONS

Hello dear friends ...
Thanks a lot for your concern about my backache problem ...
I am perfectly alright now and be in my normal routine ...
I am very much thankful to all my friends who follow me and my blog,
your appreciation and suggestion give it a success ...
I have now 200 followers and for me its a big achievement,
I love you all and its because of your love and care that I am here now...
I am going for a giveaway to all of my followers...
In my next post I will announce the gifts and you have to opt 
the one you like most...
I am sure you will join the fun, wish you all the best... 

( you can click all the pictures for a larger view )

OK, now start our today's post ...
We all have the passion for decor, stitching, embroidery or
anything you name which enhance the beauty ...
Because I believe that

BEAUTY IS THE ESSENCE OF EVERY WOMAN...

My today's topic is laces and ribbons, which can beautify any project
with colour design and texture.
I shot pictures of different laces available here in a local shop.
Its one of my favourite shop,
it has so much variety that 
I only name that what I want and he has that ...
No matter I wanted for a dress or for a cushion
or a pillow or for anything, it is there...

OK now join with me the tempting journey of beauty...


Variety of Ribbons in one shelf


Colours and variety in Bias tape ...


Some more ribbon laces woven with a touch of gold thread ...


Embroidered on suede with threads and sequins ...
countless colour options


A very beautiful and ornamental lace in different fresh colours...
It is normally used on shirt's sleeves and on hemline


Some more for party outfits


Like this beautiful summer dress ...
The lace is applied on sleeves and hemline
and on the corners bias tape is applied 
to give it more finished touch


Lovely cross stitched one ... 
It can be used for pillows and cushions ...

The beauty of white ...


It is 1&1/2 feet wide and machine crochet 


 Embroidered on organza and lace


With a touch of golden and silver a bit ornamental ...
Nowadays it is in fashion on the hemline of 
long traditional frocks ...


Some on coloured organza with coloured embroidery ...

Get a closer look


With a touch of silver, gold and bronze thread


Embroidered with french knots


Beautiful colour combination


These ready made, decorative and beautiful neckline are easily
available in lots of design and colour with different medium of
 embroideries.


Like this it can be attached to your dress
and make it formal evening dress with beauty and elegance ...

Now Here I show you some of our very traditional laces called
GOTA ...
First you take a look of it ...


All these are totally handmade...
very colourful and traditional


It has such a big variety in colours, types, and designs ...


Very richly sequins embellishment ...

These GOTA work mostly done for the dress of bride or bridesmaid,
for a function held before the 7 days of marriage ceremony called
MAYOON ...
In which bride wear typical yellow dress with flower jewelery
specially of yellow mums 


It is the complete set of everything that a bride needs  for 
that day ... 
 You can see the gota work on the neckline, 
and it will be all over her shawl too...


A bride wears the beautiful and delicate
gota work suit on her
Mayoon Function

So what do you say about this post?
Hope you like it and give me your responses...
I am waiting for them anxiously

Keep visiting me may be you are the winner of my first giveaway
Love you all ...

These all are like treasure to me 
Isn't for you too?

HAPPY TREASURING




MY LINKIES 







mmm button





















monogram







56 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

vaheeda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh,,my..god..his much collection of laces and ribbons...I like the way u coperate ur tradition with these treassures..farah..u r living in a chalk mountain and searching for a piece of chalk...

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful indeed! I have never seen so many beautiful ribbons and laces. I would have a hard time choosing! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Radka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Farah, you lucky girl!!! To be able to shop in a place like this! That is one mega "sweet shop", so much inspiration:))

Terrie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, such a great variety. All are beautiful. The couples are sweet. I love the bridal's grown.

Maria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah!
How much beautiful and amazing things you present in this post! I agree too that you are really lucky to have such a nice shop next to you, with such a quality and quantity! All of the ribbons and laces are wonderful, so special!
Congratulations for having 200 followers! I wish you reach 1000!
Kisses from Greece!

Donene said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow Farah! These are o beautiful! I love all of the trims and laces, they are so ornate and it just makes your mind start spinning at what you could do with them. As always thanks for your nice comments and I love your beautiful blog!

eskiden-yeniye said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,Ilike very much gota and franc knot.You are so lucky.Do you now Turkısh..kısses from turkey

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
oh really, what an abundance of wonderful bordures and laces. I really couldn't chose anything because I like every. The dresses are so charming and lovely. Nice bordures and lace are here mostly really expensive. Thank you for showing another colorful element of your country.
Wish you a nice weekend.
Greetings, Johanna

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So beautiful post with so many treasures:-) I like all, thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful day, hugs Biljana

Melynda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah, what a lovely variety of lace and ribbons you have shown. Beautiful is all I can say!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, these are the most beautiful laces I have ever seen. What a fantastic store. I would be there for hours trying to decide what I wanted. So much beauty to choose from. How lucky for you to have such a store. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Bobbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would love to find a store like that. The selection from a small town is not very good I must say. I am so jealous! Thanks for stopping by my blog

Bobbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would love to find a store like that. The selection from a small town is not very good I must say. I am so jealous! Thanks for stopping by my blog

Kristel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am at awe. I must say you have changed my opinion of your country 100%. You have so beautiful things over there. Love the lace store. Love the clothes.
Lots of hugs and kisses,

Penny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, did you get lost in that ribbons and lace shop?...I would have!

Yasmin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a lovely collection of ribbons and laces. I just love those beautiful ribbons, the french knot lace, the beautiful white outfit....all of it!!But most of all I love your post. It's amazing how you bring around and show and tell about all these gorgeous things and the culture and traditions involved.
I enjoy your blog so much ......it's like crafting while chatting with an old friend:)

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful assortment of trim! I have been sewing most of my life and I have never seen such wonderful things. The colors and the designs are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is all breathtaking. Just as I thought I found a favorite, I scrolled a little further. I would then say to myself, no this is my favorite. I do think my favorite is the GOTA! I do love the french knots, the embroidery is almost too beautiful to describe. Such beauty and such talent. Thank you for sharing this beauty.
Congrats on the 200 followers. You are the most deserving person I know. Love ya, Ginger

Kathy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farrah these are beautiful! What a great post

Dee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh my what lovely ribbons, I had to scroll through twice!!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just gorgeous Farah..I love the colors and all the details. Have a wonderful day. Hope you are feeling better.

MAK TEH said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,do you sell them?I am so in love

Linda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,
These are all so beautiful. What a selection to choose from. Thanks for sharing these fabulous choices. I wish I sewed more. I am loving those outfits. So chic.
Have a wonderful day.

χρυσάνθη said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi farah!
i'm speachless!!what a wonderful piece of work!amazing!!i love it!
i'm great fun of lace and ribbons!!i would be very happy if i could be there and have some of these incretible things!!
kisses

Daniella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Trims and Lace and Ribbons OH MY!! Love this! I'm here from Debbie's party and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you could follow me too!
xxDaniella

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful shop Farah!!! So much eye candy ...I love all the colours of ribbon. Everything is so lovely!!
Love the photos of the models too.
Pamela xo

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I so love that you gave this Michigan girl a peak into your culture as far as the clothing. I love that. . All the ribbons and the beautiful fabric make ladies wear so pretty and feminine. Thanks so much for sharing Farah. I truly enjoyed this post.

Deb
http://dejarenew.blogspot.com

Liz@http://infusewithliz.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,
This such a nice posting, the ribbons and lace are amazing. It sure is a lot of eye candy! I love the GOTA and the yellow outfit the bride wears- just beautiful. Thank-you for sharing these special traditions.
Liz

Jamie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What an amazing post. I love the ornamental lace and the cross stitched ones. Of course the Gota are also very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

~SueSCharmingChippyCottageCreations~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So Beautiful Farah! I have never seen so many ribbons and lace I would not know where to start. But I seen a few I would love to use on my pillows. Thanks for sharing. XOXO Sue

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your post is just full of gorgeous beauties to look at! I have never seen such an array of beautiful ribbons and trims! Very inspiring.
I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope your back continues to heal.
Hugs,
Terri

Baye said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful! I'm over from Polly Wants a Crafter's link party.

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

a very good collection of laces and very well written and covered.. liked it very much! where do you buy your ribbons from? i really liked the variety.. my mom goes to pindi alot let me know, she is a shopaholic.. :)
Love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

Joanne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love love love the beautiful ready made necklines especially the one in the middle. Farrah Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Blessings, Joanne

farah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hey farah, great to see your post. seeing it one really feels nice about being a woman. to know that we can wear all these beutiful things. and as it is in our shaadis all this is worn with lot of elan. thanks also for including me in your blog list and take care ofyour back. love

MiniBinoy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hello farah glad to know that you are feeling better now..your new post is really awesome.. felt like visiting a fabulous craft shop..i too am a fan of beautiful laces and ribbons.. and usually go crazy grabbing them at shops.. its a wise thing to have a huge collection of such things in your craft box itself. you get new ideas as you see them in front of you!

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah this post was absolutely gorgeous in every way possible! I can't believe the beauty you captured in that shop! Oh to have so many beautiful trims and laces at hand. How much fun it must be to go into the shop and have your eyes delighted by all the pretty assortments. I loved the pictures of the shelves of bias tape...and then to see all the amazing laces and trims and have you explain how they are used and for what. I love the picture of the bride in her gorgeous yellow gown!!!!
Oh thank you for taking the time to show us around one of your favorite shops.
sending big hugs to you...

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would have a difficult time leaving a place like that without spending a lot of money! They were all so beautiful!

Naturally Carol said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, an amazing display of laces, ribbons and braids. I love the photos of different Pakistani fashions too. I am fascinated whenever you explain and show anything from Pakistan.

rickimoo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are all so beautiful. So many choices I don't know how you would choose one. 1st time visiting your blog. I like it and will come back often. Thank you for your beautiful pictures.

Johnnie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful photos!! Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursdays. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

Johnnie

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just gorgeous your trimmings Farrah, OMG! I love them all, I could do beautiful stuff for my tablescapes, placing them on some of my tablecloths. Love the cloths too and the sandals, just gorgeous and elegant.
I'm your new follower so we can be real friends as I am proudly invited to Bill's table today, along with you. Thank you for sharing all your beauties. Come visit me, I didn't do a table for this Thusday's at Susan's as I was away from home visiting my daughter 3 hours away.
LOVE
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for visiting my friend! WOW! Thank you for your lovely comment on my 2 tables, you're amazing!
The gold chargers are painted by hand in the back, they're from Turkey.
Thanks for the Oriental table, I love all Oriental stuff, furniture, lamps, and of course china. I'd love to see dishes from Pakistan, I'm sure they're beautiful! Can't wait!
LOVE FABBY

The Polka Dot Closet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Farah, that was more fun than a girl should have. I would live in that store! Rows and rows of laces! Thank you that was fun!!!!

Carol

Tammilee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HI
I am a new follower from the Thursday blog hop.
I blog at www.tammileetips.com
Tammilee

Liz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What beautiful edgings and collars and - oooh I am just so atwitter at all the lovliness. I wish we had any fabric shops with half as many beautiful trims here in Washington DC, but nothing here can hold a candle to that lovliness! Thank you for sharing them.

amy/chick chick sewing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow... I could spend hours, or even days, at this beautiful store full with treasures!! I especially loved the embroidered ribbons. Thank you so much for sharing such beauty :)

Elia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hallo,
wonderful blog,
and wonderful ideas, ilike it!

hugs from Spain

eljardindemiduende ^^

A Perfect Setting said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a beautiful display of ribbons and laces! I don't know how in the world I would decide--so many amazing choices!!

Becca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful choices and photos!

Becca

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sooo pretty! I would be in heaven!

Lauren @ 31diy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So many pretty ribbons to choose from! Love the pictures!

creativeinstincts said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely lace. Hope I win the giveaway and own some of this awesome lace.
Leena

beenish said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sallam.
i am beenish from rawalpindi.
farrah baji ap ka blog bht bht bht achaa he. i like this alooot. or mene apni friends ko b apk blog k bare men bataya he.
one more thing k ap Pakistani culture ko bht achi tarha se represent kr rai hen ye bat mje apki bht hi achi lgi he.
apna kheal rakhna....

Farah Muzaffar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks a lot Beenish

Rabi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi , You have a very nice blog <3


I am following your blog and it would be great if you like back my blog .
ღღღRabi Makeup Glitzღღღ

LinkWithin