Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy colours

LETS PLAY WITH COLOURS

Hello and welcome you again with a bit different project.
COLOURS
plays such a pivotal and significant role in our daily life...
they are like features, follow the changes of the emotions.
someone says



"Life is like a rainbow, 
you need both the sun and the rain 
to makes its colour appear."

Every colour has its own significance and it symbolize your emotions
in such a descriptive way that it pronounce your
complete personality... 

Today I want to play with colours and have fun,
like little kids have in their early stages...
Wants to be a child once again???
 Valentine is approaching and I am sure everyone wants some thing 
special for their loved ones, so why don't make some something very personal 
and according to your own taste and colour choice.


What about this valentine card?

Today I am going to tell you that how you can convert 
a simple white sheet of card into colours of your choice and make
lots and lots of things with it.


Here you can see different things with different colour and texture.
Its very simple to make, believe me just a FUN...

What you will need


A Canson oil paint sheet 
Some your desired oil paints,
 Turpentine oil
Some tissue paper or gauze...


Now lay your sheet on a hard surface, 
and squeeze oil paints direct from the tube like this.
The choice of colour is yours.
I used Yellow, Brown, Ocher Brown and Green
Please make sure that you have a plastic sheet 
on your working surface.


Now spray turpentine oil  very well on the sheet, 
like it soaks in the oil.


With the help of gauze start rubbing and spreading the colour on the sheet.
What texture you want to do its up to you, like in this I spread it towards 
up and down direction.


You can see clearly how the colour spreads and in which direction
Now it is completed. Yellow, brown and a little touch of green gives it a very
cheerful and pleasant effect...


A marble effect you can see here, it is because that 
I spread the colour in up and down motion...


Now a second one, here I used
Yellow, White, Purple and Shocking Pink.
Again spray the Turpentine oil.


 Here I merged the colour in a circular motion .


Make rounds and rounds and spread.


Here it appears a very different texture from the above one.
Now let them leave to dry. 
If you are using a thick layer of colours it will take two to three days 
other wise in 24 hours it can be dry.


Another example of swirl rubbing.
The merging of colour in this technique is very well balanced and natural.


Here are some sheets which I made for some different projects.
Playing with colour is so interesting that 
you cant imagine the of until you do it by yourself.
Never be scared if you feel it becomes messy, 
just add some more light colours and start spreading.
Its a game of colours and results are amazing and 
surprising.

Now with these coloured paper you can lots and lots things
like wrapping gifts, making cards, gift bags, envelop 
and lots and lots more
You can cut alphabets and pasting them on Thermopylae
and paste it on the wall...
like DREAM over the bed...
LETS BAKE in your kitchen...
Here I want to share some fun project which I made from theses papers...


I made these two little cute gift bags and embellish it with 
some decorative sequin and glittering ribbons


Wrap your gifts with such a personal touch...
Oh yes make book marks with the left over stripes
isn't they are lovely?


And what about this lovely Valentine card...
Anything you made with your own is the best thing to 
give to someone you loved.


Envelops... just decorate them with little flowers and 
some glittering markers and heart stickers.


These little projects are a little bit of the usage of this fun craft .
I am sure you all have many more ideas and project in your mind,
hope you will share it with all of us and spread the
FUN LOVE CRAFTING.
I am thinking about my this project and your responses and
opinion about it... hope it will be a fun time to do this.
And sure your  feedback will be with me soon...
Anyone need any clarification about this project you can ask it here or via Email, 
I will reply you and try to solve the issue...

HAPPY COLOURING



MY LINKIES







My Repurposed Life



Photobucket


32 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Hani@Craftionary said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow very cool idea to add texture to the paper.. and I like you heart.. :-)
Love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

Miss Rhea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very neat Farah :) I LOVE the smell of oil paints, weird huh ? The card is SO pretty, I cant get enough of pink hearts :) Hope you are doing wonderful sweet friend. I have missed you. Been a bit sick so now I am better and can visit more :) Hugs :) :)

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like a lot of fun Farah! The painted paper is really pretty!

Amanda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have never dabbled in oil paints but always wanted to. This is a beautiful demonstration of just how versatile oils are!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, those colored papers are so pretty and what a great tutorial.

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love how you made that gorgeous paper and you projects are wonderful. I must try this the next time I need pretty paper for a project!!!!

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
again a wonderful idea to decorate with homemade paper. Thank you so much, I will remember this. The Valentine card is sow sweet.
Greetings, Johanna

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great idea, you did wonderful job, I like all, so colorful and simply beautiful:-)
Thanks for tutorial, hugs Biljana

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, Lady, you can do anything! These colored papers are amazing. The depth of the color is so pretty. I am guessing that is from all the different colors used. I love the little gift bags. Thank you so much for sharing. Love, Ginger

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your colored paper Farah! Looks like a fun project too. I love how you embellished your gift bags, very pretty!

A Perfect Setting said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The gift bags are wonderful, you are so very talented and creative!! I have been visiting with you, and I always enjoy your blog! I appreciate your kind comments.

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This does look fun and brings me back to doing art projects as a kid. So fun! : )

Life with L said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, everything is so lovely. I love the gift bags. bookmarks, wow!
How fun is that creating wonderful treasures. One hint- turn off the word verification. Most people don't like it. It's just a suggestion so you may have more comments.

Beedeebabee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Your projects always amaze me! I love your beautiful painted papers, your bags and of course your heart! Have a fun, creative week, Sweetie! xo Paulette :D

The Polka Dot Closet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, Farah, I don't do paper crafting, but this is gorgeous, Custom paper opens a whole new world to crafters!! Great job!

Carol

Yasmin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm pretty new to paper crafting and I really appreciate good tips and ideas. Thank you for your lovely posts with such good tutorials . This would be a lovely project to make with son.

QUILT ROUTES said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love those colours Farah. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah this is an amazing project to try. Wow, I love what you have created here with your paper. Love the bags!
sending hugs

Liz@http://infusewithliz.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah you always amaze me with your unique ideas! Love the gift bags...
Liz

Jennifer Juniper said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Who knew that started out as plain white paper?!? Great tutorial :)

Tanyia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi there, I am a new follower! :) I found you through Boost My Blog Friday! Come stop by and visit :) http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/

Alison said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love this tutorial! Visiting from DIC's linky and would love for you to post this on my Fridays Unfolded party http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-4.html

Blessings,

Aliosn

Heavenly Savings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are so pretty!

I just found your blog through the Boost My Blog Friday Hop. Have a great weekend!

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

linda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love this just getting the bag with nothing in it would be a thrill:)

Mare said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi farah,
love this tut.....look like fan project:))....
the valentine card is so sweet:))....
hugs from croatia:))....

Sandy Ang said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow- how very artistic ! And your blog is lovely. It loads quickly, no distracting background and love how it fills the screen

wani said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

assalamualaikum...
im your new friend from malaysia...good idea and you are so creatif! i follow u...love to become a frenz craft with u ;-)

Its So Very Cheri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How pretty. Oil paints are fun to work with aren't they.

Thanks for joining the party.

Cheri

Naturally Me Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, how interesting! :) The papers look lovely and i absolutely love the little crafts you've made with them...such a nice idea.

Tnx so much for stopping by my blog, and for the follow.

You have some wonderful crafty talent here, i'm a new follower, and can't wait to check out the rest of your blog. :)

Claire from Handmade by Claire Bear said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this paper! I don't usually do paper crafts, but I've got to have a go now, if only to give me great looking paper to wrap in. I hope that mine comes out as beautiful as your have.

Kitchen Benchtops said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so creative and I truly admire your talent. Your work is spectacular in every way and I thoroughly enjoy it. Great tutorial

LinkWithin