Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Pot Pourri


POTPOURRI
FRAGRANT  HEART

Hello how are you, hope everyone is doing fine 
and enjoy the chilled weather with hot coffee and tea.
Although we don't have snow here in Islamabad 
but the temperature is very low...
So I am also enjoying the winter.

Today I am here with a
Heart full of fragrance.
I mean
Heart Shaped Scathe of Potpourri. 



I used to make two scathes in same heart shape
one in White lace which I filled with fiber balls
and the second one  is made by Sea green Organza, 
which I filled with dried petals of rose and some
other more dried flowers.

What do you say how the look?
And another important question is
How To Do?

Its very easy to make them.
Lets start...

 Here are all the things which we need for this project.
Like you can see the White Lace fabric, Green organza
Some laces and heart shaped card board


Instead of card board I used printer paper for the shape.

 Now you can see why I used a paper, it is very easy to pin up
the paper on the lace for cutting. Lace is a delicate fabric,
so for a neat cutting I applied this method.
We will cut two shape of the same size as for the
front and back.



 I used White Georgette as a lining for the lace, because 
that will give a more balanced and smooth look to
the fabric at the end.


As you know both the fabric are soft and difficult to handle 
 that's why I adopt a more smart way to attach them 
with each other neatly. I used to attach them with the fabric glue,  
it is transparent and don't leave any residue. 
Just 4 to 5 drops on the fabric and the result is
fabulous. 


Here I glued some ribbon flowers with the same fabric glue 
to give my sachet a glittery look.


Now it is the turn to ruffled a lace for the ends . 
I used make it like this by thread drawn technique.
And settle it on the edges of heart sachet  first by pins
and then stitch it from machine.


 Here it is the end result of the front portion, which is now
 almost completed


Have a closer look that how the lace is attached to the heart.


Now I gathered all the lace backward on the front part,
and pinned it .


Yes, I did it because its the time to stitch the back portion, 
with the completed front.
Now place the second part upside down on the 
prepared front and pinned it,as shown above.
When you start stitching remember it that you should
leave about 2 inches unstitched because of filling,
either potpourri or anything you want.


 Now your Heart Sachet is ready to fill, 
and after filling hand stitched the open space.


Oh I forget to tell you about this beautiful flower, 
so easy to make and look lovely.


Very simple to make this flower, I cut 8 stripes of 6"
and place them like this.
Now at the joining point of all the ribbons 
(that is the center)
make a stitch and after that 
one by one every opened end of the ribbon 
stitched in the middle, like this stitched all the 16 ends.
And your beautiful flower is ready .


I filled this one by fiber balls and dried petals of 
roses and pour some rose potpourri oil...



Here it is my second sachet.
I made it with the same technique
 but I used Organza for this. In this I only used
fragrant dried flowers, 
some cinnamon sticks and dried lemon leaves.
I added some sequin and stars for a glittering look.


Here you can have a closer look of the bow 
which I tucked on this sachet.


Here it is the final end result.


One more look


These sachet can be used in many different ways...
You can use them to fill sweet and candies for gifts,
 or any other thing you want to gift.


I used these type of potpourris in the wardrobes
for a good fragrance in the dresses and in wardrobe also...


Some laces I used


These are not as laces or ribbons.
here we called it
GOTA


These are traditional  ribbons used in emboridery on 
bride's dresses or typical GOTA WORK 
on formal dresses. 
Here I used some of that GOTA on my 
HEART :)


Hmm mm so?

What do you say about these

FRAGRANT 
POT POTPOURRI
HEARTS


I tried to describe each step clearly and 
with the help of pictures,
even then may be any thing left,
 which may create any confusion in your mind,
so please feel free to ask if there is any.
You can contact me via e-mail or here in the comment box.

Its my pleasure to reply you earliest possible.

I am waiting for your
comments and opinions about it
and tell me more creative ways to use these sachet.
I will be happy if you share your creativity
about those... I am sure you have more better options
than me.


HAPPY CRAFTING
 




My linkies

Fine Craft Guild

















Photobucket
 

34 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
this is a wonderful project. You made this heart so nice, I really love them. Thank you for this detailed tutorial, so I can do that also.
Greetings, Johanna

kasthurirajam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wonderful tutorial

Liz@http://infusewithliz.blogspot.com/ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are great Farah! Nice step by step instructions! I always love pot-pourri...that's a nice way to do it... stick one in a drawer and things will smell so nice!

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Blessings Farah! You did great with this tutorial, your pictures where wonderful too. I adore the the sachets, they are so beautiful, it would be really neat to sew a little pocket on the back side to place a card in it for Valentine's Day! I would love to learn more about "Gota work"

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Hugs'
Catlyn

Amanda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm a new follower! Love your crafty blog :) If you have a moment please come visit me

http://mommyof2monkies.blogspot.com/

Amanda

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What cute sachets! You did a great job on the tutorial too.

Naturally Carol said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, you are right next to me at "sew much ado"! Your tutorial is very clear, well done. I love the idea of dried lemon leaves and cinnamon together, I can just imagine the spicy smell of that sachet....mmm.

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wonderful job, it looks so cute and pretty:)
Thanks for tutorial.
Hugs, Biljana

Facing50Blog.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
My Mother used to make hearts filled with lavendar but they weren't as pretty as thes. I'm going to copy down the instructions and get sewing.
I'm now your latest admirer/follower from blog hop land.
Please feel free to drop by my blog and maybe become a follower too.
Warm wishes.
Carol from www.facing50withumour.blogspot.com

Catalina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, I like your blog, and hope to see you on mine. I'm your newest followers now. :)
http://the-w-s.blogspot.com/

Living on Love and Cents said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HELLO! Great Blog! I am a new follower from Wed Hops. I look forward to reading more from you! Have a great day! ~Heather www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

Katherine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your potpourri hearts are beautiful, Farah. Thanks for the lovely tutorial.

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I smell them from here Farah! You did a great job. Those are great for gifts, Valentines day, wedding days..oh so many things. Thanks for sharing your great tutorial too!

Simply Stacie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for joining the Global Blog Hop! I am your newest follower from Nova Scotia, Canada.

http://simplystacie.net

Just Married with Coupons said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi! What a fun tutorial! That looks so pretty =)

Wanted to drop by and thank you so much for joining us on Where in the World are You Wednesday! We live in Rhode Island, US!

Hope you are having a lovely day!

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi farrah,
I just wrote you a comment and lost the whole thing when I clicked too many times. I have that when I do that!
But I love your sachets. They are beautiful! Your tutorial is wonderful and so easy to understand . Thank you for showing us the way.
blessings

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, What a sweet heart sachet!! I love the one you made with the instrustions and the lovely detail of the glued on flowers! You have beautiful craftsmanship and your instructions are so very well done!
Have a great day :-)
Bella

Grace Matthews said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pretty...

New Follower from Single Parent Retreat Blog hop

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your attention to detail is always astounding, Farah. These hearts are so special and sweet!

Thanks for stopping by! Always love 'seeing' you.

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Gorgeous project and easy to understand tutorial! Those hearts are so beautiful - especially with the added glittery flowers. I think the white one is my favorite :)

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, Very beautiful sachets! I love your pretty details!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, Sorry to be so late getting around. Things are very busy here and I am not feeling so well.
I think these heart sachets are lovely. I admire you for being able to do such beautiful work. You work is so delicate, I am sure I could not do this so well.
Thanks for the tip about the fabric glue to hold two soft fabrics together. I will be using that one.
May you have a lovely day, Hugs, Ginger

April from HomeHinges.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember as a little girl having something like this to put in my drawer to keep my clothes smelling nice. Your sachets are so feminine and lovely.
Best wishes.

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.comh said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So very sweet. thank you for linking it up with us in our DIY CRAFT LINKY PARTY.

Would you believe that only 2 minutes ago, I decided to dry some rose, and other flower petals to make nice smelling sachets, and here you are with a HEART shaped sachet tutorial to put them in. I love hearts... So, that's a winner.

amy/chick chick sewing said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello, Farah! I'm Amy from California :) This heart potpourri is beautiful!! The lace and embelishments add that special touch. Your blog is amazing!!

Lauren @ 31diy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! The potpourri hearts are really pretty! The lace gives it a nice feminine touch. What a great project! I need to try it. :) Thanks for sharing!

nima said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wo...lovely

Christie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are just the nicest little lovly things! Oh, I imagine how fragrant! I am a new follower! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

Chezvies said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are so beautiful..I certainly need one or two of those. Thank you for sharing the tute...:)

Miss Rhea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have only made hearts with lace a few times as the lace always gets messed up, Thank you for showing how to do it properly !!!! I never thought to pin the lace. You are such a sweetheart with such a Giving heart :) Hugs to YOU, Have a great week !!!!

Skye said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello!
Hoppin by to say hello from the global blog hop!
http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/
Following your blog! Please follow back!
If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be awesome too!!
http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
Thanks for your time!
Skye

Becca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for linking to Home and Family Friday, Farrah!

Becca

Beedeebabee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farrah!

Sorry it took me so long to get here. I haven't been in blogland lately...I've been sooo busy.

You hearts are exquisite! So feminine and delicate looking. Hearts can be hard to do sometimes with that deep dip in the center...yours are just perfect!

Enjoy your weekend, Sweetie!
xo Paulette

Miki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So beautiful .

LinkWithin