Monday, November 01, 2010

Stocking flowers

STOCKING FLOWERS
WITH
TRASH TO TREASURE
SHOE BOX

Hello to all of you once again.
Today I am here with some 
Trash to Treasure
type project.

I used a shoe box and cover it with
some bright coloured fabric, 
and decorate it with some 
stocking net flowers.
 


I love flowers, so I used them in any shape, 
fresh flowers cant be available every time and neither 
you hold them very long, so I used o make them 
with all possible material.


 These flowers I made with stocking net, 
some colourful stamens, some easily bendable wire 
and off course to enhance the beauty
some ribbons.


What do you say should I start from 
the shoe box covering, a little bit of description of 
how to do?
Hmm, yes it is my shoe box.
 

I cut the fabric with the exceed size of box lid,
I measure the fabric 1" more than the actual size of the box lid.
And fold the corners as shown in the above picture 
to make a neat folding.
A very useful tip is ...
that I used to spray the fabric with the 
STARCH SPRAY
that make it crisp and easy to fold .


Now you can see how I fold the fabric inside the lid,
I used Hot Glue Gun for this purpose instead of any glue.
I t gives you much neat look and very quick to dry. 
I know it looks untidy...

Look at the picture below

  
I used another funky fabric to cover the inside of the box 
and lid as well and it gives it a very neat and happy look.

Stocking Flowers 



Here are things which we need to make the flowers
You can see colourful stockings, bunches of different stamens
colourful wire, you can use simple wire too, 
only it should be easy to bend.
What else you need is ...
a normal sewing thread reel and a green floral tape. 

 Now you need the different sizes of round bottles 
to make some circles.
Just wrap the wire around the bottle, twist the end 
and leave around 3cm of twisted wire
and cut it.


Here you can see I used different bottles of different sizes,
I used green wire because they are for leaves.


Stretch softly stocking net around the wire, 
stretch it until you got a taut feeling.


Now bind it tightly from the thread. 



Now we have many leaves of different colours and different sizes.




To give the a shape of leaf, you just stretch them a bit 
from the top of the circle and you got a desired
shape, them curved a little on the back and it gives 
your leaf a very natural shape.



Here you can see again the same thing but in different colours.
Now we are going to make flowers, 
with the same procedure of making different sizes of circle.



After when you make circles of your desired colours for flowers,
again you stretch them a bit and try to bend the over all edges of 
that circle to give your flower a natural look.
Always remember that don't try to give each petal 
the same shape, because the same shapes are the
product of machines not the NATURE.

SO BE WITH NATURE



Here I gathered stamens in a wire,
this will not only hold the stamens perfectly but your flower 
will also bind very easily.
One by one bind the petals around the stamens.


Now you have a four petal flower in this shape,
tie it tightly with the thread.
Again start to bind a next circle a bit lower to the first one.



As you finished the next round, your flower is ready.
Tie again with the thread tightly and 
wrapped the floral tape around the complete wire 
to hide all the threads and untidiness.  



Here are some finished flowers.
I made some very easy flower for this tutorial,
many other flowers can also be made with the 
stocking net like Calla Lily, Hibiscus, Tulip, Carnation
and many many more.



Now I arranged all these flower and leaves 
on the lid of the box, I glued them with the 
hot glue gun.

Here it is the end result you have.


You can use it as a box for your sewing tools, put a potpourri 
and store your socks and stockings.

 Or if you want to give a gift to your loved ones 
you can make one as a gift box.


Hope you enjoyed today's DIY project 
and let me know about it that how you find it, 
do you feel any thing missing in the tutorial, 
 any step you want more descriptive, 
feel free and inquire about any problem if you feel.
Contact me via Email or leave a comment here.
I will try to answer your every question.
Waiting for your opinions


HAPPY FLOWERING




My Linkies for this post



Visit thecsiproject.com
Fine Craft Guild
 

handmade 
projects
Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties
Photobucket







 

45 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Tiffany Christie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Here from the bloghop.
I'm a new follower. Please follow back
Tiffany
http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com

linda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah this is so lovely what a pretty flower you are so clever:)

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful flowers Farah! They would look great on a lot of things...purses, hats, clothing, etc.

Katherine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's lovely, Farah! I love projects that turn something plain and boring into something beautiful. Great tutorial!

The Polka Dot Closet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

those flowers are amazing, of all the flowers I have seen I have never seen any like that!!! They are beautiful!

Carol

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
you are really an artist in crafting wonderful things. What a fabulous idea to cover the box with linnen and adore it with those beautiful flowers. I love it.
Greetings, Johanna

Beedeebabee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! When I first looked at these flowers, I thought "how on earth did she do that?"...Your tutorial is just wonderful. You explained it all so perfectly, and your flowers are simply gorgeous! I'm going to have to try this technique. I've never seen flowers made like this before. You are so creative, and your work is just beautiful!...Love those pillows down below and the curtains too! Have a fun creative day, sweetie. =o) Paulette

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are just darling!!! I love it! Too cute! :)

Tip Junkie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is such a cool idea! I haven't seen that before. Don't be surprised if it shows up on Tip Junkie! {{squeal}}

Thanks for linking up your button - you ROCK!

Donene said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your flowers are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for your nice comments and I really like what you do!

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your project is beautiful! The flowers you are making a really lovely! What a great tutorial you have posted as well. I think you are very talented.
Hugs,
Terri

Duchess of Lanier said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My goodness! You brought back a summer of happy memories.
My grandmother made stocking flowers like this, and we helped her. She also cut up old stockings into about 1" squares and used them as filler for baby pillows that she made of muslin for all the babies born in our community. This was in southern Georgia in the 1960's and 70's.
Your flowers are beautiful with all the colors.
Thank you!
Trena

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farrah this tutorial is amazing! Thank you so much. Your DIY project is so useful and I love that you recycled the shoe box to create it with. I use different sized boxes to hold so many things in the hoouse, and this will certainly make them more beautiful to have around.
Hope all is great with you. Have a lovely week!!!
hugs

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely blog post! Those flowers are just gorgeous!

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cool project! You did a beautiful job!

Cricket said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Following from the blog boost. I'd really appreciate a follow back? :)
Crystal
http://www.inspirationinnovation.blogspot.com

Penny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The flowers are simply gorgeous! Great tutorial :)

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
Your package is lovely!! I have never seen flowers made this way, it is so clever! You did a GREAT job with the tutorial, great instructions and photos:-))) Very nice project!
Bella

Naturally Carol said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, you are amazing making these flowers. Thank you for being my newest follower, I hope you enjoy my blog. I will become your newest follower too, now. You are the first person from Pakistan to visit me.

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a super cute idea Farah!

Tasha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So beautiful!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, What a wonderful project! What a transformation you made from an ordinary shoe box... and your flowers are beautiful!

You are very clever, and an excellent teacher, too. Thank you for sharing with us, and teaching us all that you do so well. :)

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How beautiful, Farah! I had no idea how to make those flowers. Such a wonderful tutorial! They're little works of art! Thanks so much for sharing.

Miss Rhea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farrah, that is Gorgeous !!! I have really wanted to know how to make those flowers. You are SO creative and talented :) I bought a vintage lace Easter egg a few years ago with that kind of flower on it and I was dieing to know how to make some :) Here is my post http://sweetnshabbyroses.blogspot.com/2009/03/pink-saturday-march-28th-2009.html Do you see, they are just like yours ! :) Thank you so much my friend :) And thank you for the Birthday wishes :) Hugs, Rhea

Just Married with Coupons said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi there! That is really awesome, thanks for sharing that with us!

I am your new follower from Wandering Wednesday! Hope you will come visit us too at Just Married with Coupons

-Dawn

Katty's cosy cove said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah!
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I really appreciate it. Your flowers are beautiful and you are so talented. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Katty

Tricia@The Dull and the Dutiful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How lovely, Farah! You are a very talented crafter with an eye for beauty!

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah!
Thank you for the get well wishes!
Very pretty flowers and box!!
Your very crafty!
Pamela xo

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those flowers are AMAZING! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Melly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for sharing, following from the hop. Stop by & add your blog to mixed bag monday & don't froget to put your blog button on our blog roll page(just added) for all to see!
Melly-
http://www.beckhamandbloom.com
http://www.planmydinner.net

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a pretty and crafty project!!
Thanks for your visit :)
Jenny

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a unique idea! I love your flowers! I will definitely keep this post in mind for future projects!!! thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, Farah, that is beautiful. Your flowers are amazing and what a great tutorial on how to do that. Thanks so much for joining my party!

Shanee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm your newest follower from the Monday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Gina Alfani said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the flowers . . . thanks for instructions :-)

I'm your newest followers . . . can't wait to explore the rest of your blog!

Have an awesome day . . . Gina

Gina Alfani said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah . . .

I was so impressed with your flowers that I have featured this post on my blog. Hope you don't mind . . .

http://labelladiva.blogspot.com/2010/11/craftaworld-stocking-flowers.html

Thanks for the inspiration . . . Gina

Hani said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi, I love all your crafts. I have recently started blogging and have posted stocking net flowers along with tutorials. :-)
I would be more than happy to join your craft world. Please visit me at:
http://craftionary.wordpress.com/

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, You are a true artist. I am amazed at all the different things you can do. These stocking flowers are just beautiful and can be used in so many ways. How do you think of all these beautiful things? Are the crafts passed down through your family? Love you, Ginger

Naturally Me Creations said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, this is gorgeous! :D
I love that you covered the box with fabric instead of paper...i like that idea - it looks lovely now!

And those flowers...tnx so much for the tutorial, i've never known how that is done! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful.

How did you bind the petals around the stamen wire? Did you tie it with thread each time, or did you twist the wires together...?

You're so talented! :)

Dr Sonia S V said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely flowers. I like the shades you have used

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

Flowers Delivery in Jodhpur said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wonderful.

Flowers Delivery in Jodhpur said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute.

Felix Ford said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi,

I never saw this kind of blog ever. In Wedding Stockings means it’s a one kind of stocking where you can get wedding items.

Robert German said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such an informative blog I also love the flowers really!
flowers Rockingham

LinkWithin