Monday, November 22, 2010

Befores and afters

Some Happy Changes
 in Your Home
Hello, hope everyone is doing fine and waiting for the 
vacation which are approaching just NOW..
I think everyone agreed that changes brings happiness 
and new excitement in life, be it in any form.
Sometimes only very little changes can effect your mood
and you feel happy with that.
From last some days I was busy with same type of projects.
First I want to share my new bed sheet, I love its pattern 
and colour against my dark wooden bed.



From last some days I was busy with same type of projects.
First I want to share my new bed sheet, I love its pattern 
and colour against my dark wooden bed.


 A bit closer look
I used to stitch two same fabric pillows, 
two matching pleated pillows,


Two a bit small pillows, two cushions


And a neck roll


Its one of my favourite pleated pillow, 
it may look a bit complicated but believe me
its very simple, just a little calculation.


Here you can see it more closely... 
First I make a crease in the center of the fabric, 
and pinned the center main two sided pleat, 
then I pleat all five one sided pleats one by one, 
with the same space on both the side.
 For outer pleated frill I just double the fabric of my required
length, and pinned the complete frill to the front part
and stitched it. 
Now your front is ready, just add the back portion 
and your pillow is ready.


Its one of my favourite project ... Let me know if you like it.

Flower arrangement is my passion 

I love to be with flower in any shape, fresh, silk or my own hand made
and to arrange them is a such an interesting thing for me 
that it has no matches.
I love to change them frequently.  
I just refresh them by changing their colour themes,


Now I share some before and after of them

BEFORE


All three picture below are the 
AFTER


   
In the same pottery plate I arrange them only with different
colour theme.


A complete view,
this time I lower the height of the arrangement


Here you can see it closely.
Either it is flower arranging or paint the fabric, 
I believe on one thing only that don't hesitate to 
colours, although flower arrangements has its 
some rules but the most important 
WHAT IS GOOD TO YOUR EYE

Now another before and after
arrangement in a same vase
Before



Its a before picture on my buffet table,
in this I used white flowers with some fern leaves

AFTER
 

Now that decent white picture turns into
a very cheerful and lively 
arrangement.
Some Basic tips For
Flower arrangement 
 Some basic rules are
When you decide to arrange the flowers,  first of all used the oasis
It comes in the shape of bricks and available in two colours


The above in gray colour used for silk flower arrangements. 
Cut it in your desired measurement and fit tightly in your
pot or in which you want to make arrangement
 

This one in green colour used for fresh flowers arrangements.
When you want to make the arrangement dip it in fresh water for 10 to 15 minutes, 
so it soaks the water and your flower remain fresh for days,
just sprinkle some water daily on it. it can hold you flowers fresh
for four to five days easily.

And the next thing is that always first you decide your main flowers 
and some basic leaves and place them in oasis 
as per you required length and direction.
And then start filling the arrangement with the little fillers,
like leaves, bunches of little flowers, buds and there is lot lot for fillers.
These two are the basics.. just try once and you will say to yourself...
Oh its so simple I can do it....


Oh look at this:) 
This arrangement is the mixture of my last both BEFORE arrangement
What do you say about it hmm mm? 

Hope you all enjoy my some before and after project today
and let me know about it... any query, question, confusion 
if you have in your mind ...
please ask I will love to answer them

HAPPY CHANGES WITH 
HAPPY MOOD



 My Linkies

Simpsonized Crafts







Photobucket

monogram


21 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
you are really an artist in home decorating. Your family is blessed to have you, because you make everything nice and cozy. I love the pattern of the new bedsheet and the pillows are so nice. That looks all so beautiful. And so look the flower arrangements. I love them all. And I love the mixture of the last photo. The delicate pink ist very fine with the white. We use Oasis in Germany also. It is a nice and easy material. Hope to see you on Wednesday on my blog.
Greetings, Johanna

anandhirajan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi farah,Your flower arrangements are very nice to look You are an all rounder no doubt about it.
anandhirajan

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your bedding is just so pretty. I love the colors and pattern of the fabric and your pillows are stunning. Love the pleated ones, what a creative idea. Gorgeous. All of your floral arrangements are exquisite. True works of art. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

monica said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love love love your bedding. it's so pretty i wouldn't want to sleep on it.

xo
monica

Tanya said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the pillow pleats, in particular. Well done!

Naturally Carol said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah you are very clever making these pleated pillows and lovely cushions to match the sheets. I have been catching up on some posts and love the cookies and the flower arrangement tips too. You have been keeping very busy!

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, your floral arrangements are really pretty! So are the pillows with the pleats!

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah!!
Your blog is wonderful, so many beautiful things:) Your works are original, imaginative and absolutely beautiful, bravo:)
I am your newest follower, Greetings from Europe, Biljana

Biljana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for stopping by.
If you want, on my blog,on right sidebar is Tutoriali. You can some about decoupage and shabby to learn.
Hugs, Biljana

Misty said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your bedding is STUNNING!! I love the pleated pillows!

Thanks for visiting "Creative Itch"!

Jenny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Everything looks lovely!

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you did a beautiful job on the pillows. my favorite is the pleated one. I would love to learn how to do something similar. Thank you for your sweet comments on my lamp.

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, Another beautiful post! Your flower arrangements are just gorgeous. I love the pleated pillow!

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the fabric and the flower arrangements look so pretty Farah!

Radka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hallo Farah, I love your new bed set:) Pretty colours.You are a master with flowers too, very busy lady! Thank you for visiting:))

kasthurirajam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

u r an expert in home decorating

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, Your new pleated pillows are beautiful! You are a wonderful seamstress! All you flower arragements look wonderful too, you have a good eye for the arranging and balance:-))
Have a Great Day!
Bella

Tricia@The Dull and the Dutiful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, what gorgeous pillows you've made! I love the pleats and ruffled edge -- very feminine! Your bed looks lovely!

Beedeebabee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farrah! Your decorating is just beautiful! I love your bedroom set with all those lovely pillows you made...and your flower arrangements look so professional! Everything is so, so pretty! Have a fun weekend, Sweetie! :) Paulette

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hi Farah, Just got back from 2 weeks in NY with my family for Thanksgiving, so I have not been on the computer. Your creations are amazing! You must work all the time!
Also, thanks for the lovely pics of Pakistan. What a beautiful country! Hugs, Kathy

Shoumi Aslam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't have words to express how good is ur designing....
Once again... marvelous!!! Keep doing new projects

LinkWithin