Saturday, October 09, 2010

Love Stenciling


Stenciled Tray Mat



 Hello to all of you.
Today I am here with a tray mat project.
This project includes
stenciling and stitching.
I choose this pattern from a craft magazine,
scanned the pattern, than scale it 
on my required size and then take 
a printout on a transparency sheet.

 
Cut the stencil and tape it on the fabric, 
I used fabric pearl paints for it, for flowers I used
pink and lilac
and
green with a touch of yellow 
for leaves.


Mixed a bit yellow in green
and 
squirted pink and lilac side by side.
I used simple sponge for
stenciling


First I sponged the flowers,
and remember 
to tape the closed open area
of leaves.

 

Now my leaves are also stenciled.
And one more thing to remember,
always use two to three newspapers
under your fabric when you are stenciling.



I used to stenciled the flower on both the diagonal ends,
and now the paint work is finished. 
Let start the stitching portion

I used Ribbon Pass cotton lace to join and give it a 
colorful look. 
My tray size was 15x22 inch,
so I cut a piece of 11.5x18.5 inch and stencil it.
And then cut 4 stripes of 4.5 inch width 
for each side of the stenciled piece.


Now you can see I attached one side of 
Ribbon Pass Lace to that stripe, 
stitch the lace with each stripe.

Now stitch all the stripes with your stenciled
fabric, leave 1cm end unstitched.


Your Tray mat is in this shape now.
Here I joined each end in diagonal shape. 
They can be stitched straight
but I feel diagonal joining is more beautiful 
than straight.


Like this


Hope it is clear that how I joined the edges,
so you have your mat in this shape now.
The width of each stripe is 4.5inch,
I folded and hemmed each stripe
in half that makes about 2 inches.


It looked like this.
And then I weaved the ribbon
through the holes of the lace.
And on every joint tied 
the ribbons and make a little bow.


Like this


The final result


What do you think if added some napkins too?
 


Oh a candle also.

I hope you did like this project and gave me your opinions..
I would love to answer any of your question about
any thing regarding this project.
Email me or asked here, as you feel better.
Love you all

Happy Stenciling




Linkies I share
The Girl Creative
monogram
 










toolsareforwomentooSumo Sweet Stuff  
 




 
handmade projects



 
 

25 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
you did a very fine job with this tray mat. I dont think I could stencil that so accurately. It looks very charming with the ribbon and of course the diagonal joining looks perfect. Great idea.
Thank you so much for this tutorial.
Wish you a nice weekend.
Greetings, Johanna

~SueSCharmingChippyCottageCreations~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so pretty and sweet I am not sure I could do the stitching but maybe will try. Thank you for sharing very sweet!!

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah... Your tray mat is lovely! I love all the little details that make it special and Love those colors!
Have a great day!
Bella

Nadia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that definitely looks great, cant attempt to do myself but do you take orders?

Pinky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful, Farah!

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, This tray set is beautiful. I have not stenciled often but yours is so perfect. I could never do it that well. I love the ribbon pass and the mitered corners. Thanks for sharing.
Ginger

Saritha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so very beautiful Farah!!Lovely work!!And such good finish!!Thank you very much for your kind words on my blog:)

Beedeebabee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah!

Your tray came out so beautifully! Your stenciling is perfect, I love the colors and the design, and the ribbon you added is such a lovely touch!...I could never do such perfect corners!!! Great job, and tutorial!...Have a fun day!

xo Paulette

Redheadedmom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hopping over to say hi and follow you!
I LOVE the purple ribbon boarder on this project, so cute!
Can't wait to see more!
JoDee
www.atozformomslikeme.blogspot.com

Suzanne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,
What a beautiful project. So soft and feminine and lovely. I also love the projects that you highlighted in the post below! Thanks for sharing. - Suzanne

Terrell said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is truly creative!! Way to go, girly!! I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your sweet creations at my weekly link party, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Life in Rehab said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is truly beautiful. What a lovely handmade touch fo your home.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful!! I just love how it came out! You are very talented!! :)

Singlemama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello! I am your newest follower! I would love it if you could follow back at one or all three of my blogs!

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/

Thank you!

Hanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi there! I am your newest follower from teh blog hop! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, it's just perfectly lovely! So much detail! I love the little ribbon woven thru the edges. Something that can be passed down generation to generation.

Would love for you to stop by this weekend and link up to Passion for Paint.

I also started a feng shui blog - http://FengShuiSavvy.blogspot.com. Stop by when you get a chance!

Radka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, what a beuatiful project! The tray mat is very pretty and very well done, I love the colours too. I have not yet done stencils on fabric, but I am inspired now:)

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! That is so beautiful Farah! I love all of the details and the colors are so lovely!

Terri said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wonderful! You explained it so well and your photos are so clear.
It is really pretty. What a fab way to brighten up a tray.
Hugs,
Terri

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this project. It is so pretty and you did a wonderful job!

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow you have such amazing attention to detail I love all your projects. This tray is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for linking up to Your So Very Creative!

Lily's Laundry Boutique said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thx for coming by FFF. Following you back. TGIF! www.lilyslaundryboutique.blogspot.com

Nan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for join my blog hop.
Have a great day.
Nan
http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

Johnnie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi! I am a new follower from Monday's blog hop. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings...
Saved By Love Creations

Cricket said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello, following from the blog hop. Please check out my super hop that I am trying to initiate. http://inspirationinnovation.blogspot.com/p/blog-boost.html It is a way to get followers for your blog/twitter and facebook all in one. Either way I'd love a follow back!!
Crystal
http://inspirationinnovation.blogspot.com

LinkWithin