Monday, October 25, 2010

Ribbon Weaved Cushions

RIBBON'S MAGIC
AND
ITS BEAUTY



Ribbons are really magic,
I love ribbons and love to create cute things with it.
I love this little sitting area with these vibrant
colour cushions


These cushions are made with the simple technique of
Basket Weaving.
Its very easy to do, take a square piece of  fabric,
mine is 15 x 15",
and ribbons in two colour.


First I cut both the ribbons in 15" length,and I used fabric glue,
just to glued a bit every ribbon at the edge.
It makes very easy to handle so much ribbons,
after gluing both the ribbons on the two ends of fabric,
I stitched them with the machine.


After stitching both the ends I start weaving.
 Now here you can see very clearly the simple way of
ribbon weaving.
 Your complete fabric will be covered after weaving.


With these cushions, I made a sitting cushion too,
with the same ribbons stitched on all the 
sides of it.


Here closely you can see how I equally 
stitched both the ribbons


Here I again used the technique of gluing first
and then stitching.
It really makes easy and your ribbons 
will be always in straight lines.
 

So now your this little set of three cushion is ready.
How do you find it?

Now a bit different thing

A sheer curtain,
again with colourful ribbons


I made these curtain and matching cushions,
just to add beauty and colour to my this 
glass panel.


Simply stitched three colour ribbons straight
on both the ends of curtain.
And use ribbons to tie them on the rod too.


It looks so beautiful and colourful as well.
Very easy to make and you can match it with
any of your decor with the same colour ribbon.

 And this is the picture of my inspiration


So what did you say about my today's 
Ribbon Magic
projects.
Hope you enjoyed it and give me little time to tell that
how you find them and how much I am successful to copy
from my Inspiring project.
Love you all

Happy Ribboning 



 
My Linkies for this post

toolsareforwomentoo
monogram





Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

35 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Thendral said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very beautiful. I love the curtain.

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,
your ribbon work is fabulous. The cushions look very modern and neat. They make a pretty room decoration with the tablecloth. I love also the ceramic on that table and the flowers. I am sure you crafted the flowers, also. And the curtains are exactly like your inspiration. Nice idea and gorgeous looking.
Greetings, Johanna

Radka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your cushions are very nice, Farah, quite unusual:)

Ninu said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

a beautiful post.. love ur cushions and love curtains more!!

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah, I love your pillows! I just saw a lady on Martha Stewart making woven pillows and now you too, You did an amazing job:-) Your curtain panels are beautiful... a perfect match to your inspiration!! You blog page looks amazing, Is it all new?? the haeader and wallpaper all of it looks lovely as can be!!
Have a Great Day!!
Bella

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's so pretty! The ribbon adds SUCH a nice tough! It's beautiful.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are really cute!
Great work
Jenny

Becca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, my goodness! Those pillows are amazing! Nicely done!!!

Becca

kasthurirajam said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

very beautiful

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah...you so talented! Amazing what you can do with lovely ribbons...just beautiful!
Susan

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, These projects are beautiful. I think I will try to make the ribbon pillow. I will show you a picture when I make it. Love the curtains.
I want to let you know that I will be out of USA for about three weeks. I will not blog when I am gone.
When I get back I will have lots of tales and pictures.
I love your new profile picture. You are a beautiful young lady. I will be back soon and visit then. Ginger

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your ribbon pillows and the great details you added to the curtain panels! Very pretty!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love those pillows! I am going to share those on my Facebook page! Too cute!

Janell @ Isabella and Max said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for commenting on my blog, wow...those ribbon pillows are amazing. I wouldn't have thought of doing this, you did a gorgeous job!
Janell

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very nice Farah!
I really love what you have done with the ribbons!
And it's nice to meet you too!
It looks like you have a lot of creative ideas here!
HAGD,
Cindy

a little lovely said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks for stopping by a little lovely and inviting me to your blog!! your projects look lovely, great job!!

Bill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such kind comments for me. Your blog is beautiful, and I'm very impressed with all your sewing/crafting and cooking projects. It's obvious that you're a very talented and creative lady.

Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Kindest regards,
Bill

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty Farah! I love ribbon too and have many spools of it! Your curtains and pillows look really wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

xinex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The pillows and sheers are beautiful! I love how you use ribbons for embellishment...Christine

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Both projects are so beautifully done! The ribbons are gorgeous! Really nice tutorial too!

Lily's Laundry Boutique said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for linking to FFF. Following you back. Have a great week. www.lilyslaundryboutique.blogspot.com

susan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah-You have done beautiful things with ribbons. I especially love the curtains!

June said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farrah your pillows are beautiful! It would be something I would love to try myself, so I thank you for your instructions. I read your previous post about your yummy lasagna. Looks soooo good.

Little Pink Studio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farrah, your pillows and curtains are lovely, as is your blog!
Thank you so much for visiting me!
Cerri

A Perfect Setting said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are the master of ribbons! The pillows and curtains look so professional! Great job! Thanks for visiting and commenting at my spot. That lasagna looks delicious!

A Hopeful Heart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for your recent visit to my blog. Sorry it has taken me a couple days to return the visit.

You are very talented and creative. You have made some beautiful pillows and curtains. Amazing what you can do with ribbons.

Have a wonderful day,
Patti

Pamela said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good morning Farah!!!
Thank you for your comments on my blog I am now following you!
I love love those curtains you made with the ribbons! Wow you are very talented!
I will be back
Love Pamela

Inspiring You To Save! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for following Inspiring You To Save. I'm your newest follower. I hope to see you at Meet Me Monday and Wandering Wednesday next week.

Show Me Mama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, how beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Have a great weekend
ShowMeMama

Miss Rhea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are so pretty Farah !! Great job ! I have always wanted to make a ribbon pillow. After seeing yours I am doubly inspired !! Hugs sweet Friend :)

Colie's Kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi this is Nicole from Colies Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just lovely! I'll be featuring your pillows and curtain tomorrow evening on Topsy Turvy Tuesday's! Thanks again for linking up!

Elizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

beautiful curtains Farah!!! Thanks so much for stopping by Sew Chatty!

Pratima Kapoor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi
I found your beautiful blog through some other blog. your ribbon cushion covers are awesome. Liked the way you have used ribbons. I would love to give it a try.
Best wishes.

creativeinstincts said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the curtains idea...would definitely give it a try ! Its BEAUTIFUL.
Leena

LinkWithin