Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chicken Lasagna

Creamy Spicy Chicken Lasagna


Today I wanted to share something different 
from craft or home decor.
Here in our culture there is a very popular saying, i.e
If you want to win a man's heart, 
try to get your way through his stomach.

What do you say,are you agreed???
May be or may not be.
But I think tasty and delicious food is the weakness 
of everyone and we all feel happy when people
praised about our cooking.
 This recipes is bit spicy but you can reduce the 
quantity of sauces to your taste.
We started from the White sauce

1 1/2 cup of milk, 3tbs white flour, 1 1/2 tbs butter, 
2tbs grated cheddar cheese,
1/2 tsp of salt, black pepper and dried oregano leaves each.
Melt the butter in the sauce pan over low heat,
stir the flour and fry a bit that gives an aroma.
Now remove from the heat and pour the
milk, may be you have little lumps in it, slowly
stir them and finally when all lumps are finished
bring it back to heat and start cooking.
Add all other ingredients and cook it until
it becomes thick.
Its ready.


I have two cups of chicken cubed,
just fried it for 5 minutes in 1tbs of cooking oil.


 Two cups of macronies, boiled with  half lemon,
drained and stir with half tbsp oil.

Its the mixture of onions and tomatoes
In 1 1/2 tbs oil soft the onion a bit 
add tomatoes, stir for 4 to 5 minutes, 
then add 4tbs of vinegar and 1tbs of brown sugar
with a pinch of salt.
Keep on low flame for next5 minutes.
Set aside.

Grated cheese i.e
cheddar and mozzarella

 They are carrots, capsicum and onion,
cut them in cubes and fry one by one separately and set
aside in a bowl.


Now the sauces and spices, in the plate 
I have crushed ginger and garlic,
Nandos hot peri peri sauce, mustard, 
and chilli and soya sauce.


Now in a deep skillet first I fried 2tbs garlic in tbs oil,
when it become golden brown and gives aroma
I added all vegetables and chicken in it, stir for 1 minute 
and then add all the sauces 
including salt and crushed red pepper. 
Fry it for another 3 to 4 minutes on a moderate flame.

 The size of my dish is 9 x 14 inch and depth is 2.5 inch.
I never boil the lasagna sheets used them as it is 
and it gives you much better result. 
First I layered the white sauce and then
covered it completed with the lasagna 
sheets.
(I am sorry next picture was blurred so i dont post it here)  

After lasagna sheets I layered the vegetables and 
chicken mix on it.

Then again a layer of white sauce.
The moisture in white layer sauce and of the vegetables are 
enough to tender the lasagna sheets.
 
 Now its the turn for macronies to be spread, I boiled them 
because its difficult to soften them just like 
lasagna sheets, so better to boil them.
 
 Now I put a layer of  onion and tomatoes paste, 
if you have any white sauce remaining then 
spread it here on this stage,
I don't have and there is no need too.

And a final layer of vegetable mix.


At last a shower of grated cheeses i.e
cheddar and mozzarella. 
Just for colours add some rings of capsicum,
onion, tomatoes and 
sprinkle paprika and oregano powder.
This last step fill your kitchen with tempting aroma as your
dish comes out from the oven
.
Bake it on 190C for next 15 to 20 minutes or 
until  cheeses is melted well.

Oh here it is....
Smells so tempting

 

 Oh please take a fork and taste it...
hm mm delicious? 
I am sure it will be ...

Hope you like it and try to get your way to your 
loved ones heart through the stomach... 
 
I am waiting for your responses and please tell me
if you feel that I don't explain it clearly or 
anything which is not cleared to you, 
I would definitely reply you .
Thanks for stopping by and give me your precious time.
Love you all


Happy Cooking





Linkies I joined for this post

monogram



Creations by Kara





hearthandsoulgirlichef



19 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
yes, we have in Germany a similar saying: "Love is going through the stomach".
This recipe sounds and looks very yummy. We make Lasagne here, too, but different. I will try your recipe next time. I love to cook all the nice recipes from the blog friends.
Thank you for sharing this. Have a nice week.
Greetings, Johanna

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I never thought I would find so many wonderful recipes in blogland. This looks so delicious it makes me hungry. Every ingredient you added and every layer you added looked more and more tasty. I am copying the recipe for use in the near future.
Thanks for you kinds words on my latest blog and for being so accepting.
I,ll be visiting again soon, Hugs, Ginger

TeresaMaxey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow Farah!! That looks so good!! It's lunch time here and my mouth is watering now.

Becca said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooooh! This looks yummy! I'll have to give it a try. Your pictures are very well done!

Becca

becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Linda@Coastal Charm said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'll have to give this one a try...I'm sure Mr.CC will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing and HAPPY FALL!!!

Blessings,
Linda

big B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah, This lasagna looks delicious and your pictures make all the recipe steps so easy to follow! Beautifully presented!

Suzanne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks beautiful and I'm sure it tastes even better!

QUILT ROUTES said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am one of the lucky ones who's husband likes to cook! I will definately pass this recipe on to him.

Anita said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness this looks so incredibly good!!! All those layers, and I bet it is spicy, which I would love! Definitely the way to my husband's heart is through his stomach! Thanks so much for stopping by:-)

Natasha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, that looks absolutely delicious! What a wonderful combination of flavours.

Thanks so much for your sweet comment today! It is so lovely to meet you.

I tried to add your button to my page but it didn't work. I will add your blog to my sidebar though-hope that is ok.

Best wishes and thanks for the yummy recipe!
Natasha.

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah, That look delicious! I enjoyed your step-by-step tutorial with pictures very much.

Here we have a saying with the same meaning; "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach", and you know what? I think it may very well be true! :)

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. Your blog is absolutely lovely!

I hope you have a wonderful day.((hugs)) ~m.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh this sounds soooooooo good. I love lasagna and noodles and so this would be a great one for my family. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks also for your visits and your gracious comments. Hugs, Marty

John'aLee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh that looks so yummy! You can bring one over to my house as we are packing up trying to get moved!!

emptynester3 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is so true! That dish looks so enticing! Love the directions! Thanks for visiting me! Love, ~Nana~

girlichef said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm pretty sure you've found the heart! What a delicious take on lasagna...such different flavors and I love that you added a layer of macaroni- very original. Definitely sounds delicious :D (and yes, you explained it very well)

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi lovely lady. I love all the food you put together for as all and now is my time to cook dinner.~
I would like to Thank you for your lovely comments about my Tablescapes for two ~~~~ I hope you have a Great Thanksgiving Day.

Melynda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, what a lovely lasagna! It looks so good, I always have a delightful time when ever I visit your blog, thank you.

Christy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah - oh, what a delicious take on lasagna - I love the flavors and the addition of macaroni yum! Thanks for sharing this with the hearth and soul hop!

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Goodness Farah this looks delicious! My family loves lasagna and this variation will sure to please them. I bet it tastes great!

LinkWithin