Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fashion

TRENDS AND TRADITIONS
IN
FASHION

Hello again after a long time, 
now I am here with a complete new out look of my blog.
Both of my kids helps me a lot to give 
my blog a new look regarding with the 
computer related thing.

Today I am not going to share any crafty project 
or any DIY type of.

Here I am talking about norms and values
about dressing and fashion in our part of world.

Lets start with the marriages and brides.
Here we basically have two functions of marriage,
the first day is hosted by
Brides side, and the dress of first day is 99% red


She is my cousin's wife, 
look at the beautiful and detailed work on her dress,
her jewellery, its all gold mixed with matching stones.
A ring in the nose is a very 
traditional jewellery for brides, and ornaments on head 
are also the part of brides dressing.

Now here you can see her complete dress,
the colour, the work,
Is it royal looking?


She is my niece and the bride of second day function 
which is hosted by the bridegroom, 
for the second day there are many choices of colour, 
She picked an ivory with light pink
with matching jewellery and
look at her bangles..


Now you can see the complete dress.
 These dresses are 100% with hand embroidery,
including beads, threads,ornamental thread work,
and the are ordered around
4 to 5 months before the function.


OK, now come to the party dresses 
Nowadays these long shirts are in fashion,
it has very traditional embroidery on it
and very suitable as a night party wear.


It's a block print design. Very popular 
and trendy, you can order in any colour 
and any design

A very decent machine embroidered 
white silk shirt

Now come to some cotton casual 
day to day outfits



Its a simple cotton day to day life dress


Black background with a multi colour print
gives this cotton dress a very
smart look.


And now come to another beautiful dress 
which normally wears in formal parties
Sarees

A very delicate embellished work
on a cotton Saree. It is called 
Cotton Banarsi.


A printed Beige with maroon contrast.
Saree is a very decent dress if you wear it in its proper way, 
its bit difficult to handle , but I think it looks 
WOWWWW.

Ohhhh some dresses for little girls
cute little outfits


A very cute Black and Red frock style
chiffon dress, 
best for any formal party



Its a very traditional dress,  called 
Balochi Frock.

Talk about some jewellery
hmmmm


It's  made by silver and polished with gold water,
the stones are Garnet. Its something typical and called 
KUNDAN.
A very beautiful Bracelet

And now at last some very traditional shoes.


They are completely handmade 
stitched and embroidered.
They are called
Khussa.



And they are made by leather, 
very comfortable to wear and beautiful as well.

Hope you enjoy this post, please let me know
if you like.

LOVE YOU ALL








My todays Linkies







Photobucket



HookingupwithHoH





 

27 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Radka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, thank you very much for showing us those beautiful pictures! It is all very interesting, specially the part about the colours for marriage ceremony. All dresses are so beautiful! And the jewellery! I love the colors and designs from your part of the world:)

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello Farah,
I cant tel you how much I enjoyed this bride fashion show. All the gowns are so pretty and detailed made. This are real treasures and they shurely look all royal. I guess, they cost a royal amount, too. And I love everything in this oriental style (for us in Germany it is oriental! Asian is China, Indonesia etc). The jewelery is so precious made. Both of the two brides are real beauties and in their pretty clothes and with the jewelery they remind me to the fairies of 1001 nights.

I own a big book about Indish Kundan jewelery because we once went to an Exhibition. A German collector showed his collection and so I could see some of this pretty items in original here.

This was a really lovely post. Thank you for sharing this pretty things.

I wish you all the best and for the young couples also. Wish them roses on the whole way of their life.
Greetings, Johanna

linda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just a lovely display of wonderful dresses :)

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah those dresses, and jewelery are just stunning in every way. I love all the color use too, of course you know me and color. I love your new blog and layout, your daughters did a fantastic job!

Requi@Tablescaping Escapades said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, the embroidery on the bridal gowns at the brides and bridegrooms celebrations are gorgeous. The colors and jewelry are beautiful. Oh my, the hand embroidery is so artful and amazing.

Thanks for visiting my blog at tablescapingescapades.blogspot.com.You have a lovely blog.

All the Best,

Requi

xinex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These clothes are so exquisite, Farah, such beautiful workmanship. The brides are gorgeous!...Christine

*Ingrid* said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful your blog Farah with beautiful pictures!!

Ingrid

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, thank you for sharing your traditions and these beautiful bridal clothes that you shared. Your cousin and niece are quite beautiful. Beautiful clothing and jewelry. So much fun learning other countries traditions.

Machelle Blankenship said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Soooo beautiful; each and every piece. I especialy love the red wedding piece, wow.
Such lovely and detailed traditions; thank you for sharing!
machelle

margo2 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, the dresses are beautiful. I love the bold colors and the jewelry is gorgeous. The brides are beautiful as well! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and love to you, Norma

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such beautiful dresses and how nice to learn more of your traditions for weddings. Everything is so beautifully embroidered and decorated. The jewelry and shoes are stunning also. Thanks so much for your visit and for such a lovely post. Hugs, Marty

Maridith @ Strictly Homemade said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah-

Wow, all of these dresses and jewelry are just gorgeous!! The detail on everything is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your your culture with us. It is just beautiful.

Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Maridith

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, what an amazing wardrobe the brides wear. I was fascinated with all the detail work and the makeup. The children's clothing was really cute. Thanks so much for sharing all these lovely customs...I really enjoyed this post! Isn't blogging so amazing! We can connect with someone from another country, far, far away and learn so much, just sitting right here at our computers. It truly is wonderful! :)
Susan

Farah Muzaffar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks a lot to all of you, who like my this post and encourage me so much .I love you all...

Mama Hen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The detail in the clothes is beautiful! You chose some really pretty dresses to show us. I hope you have a great day!

Mama Hen

TeresaMaxey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Farah!! Love your blog! The dresses are really something and its amazing how much hand work goes into them! So enjoy your culture! Teresa

Marla @ Always Nesting said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful fashion show. I adore all the colors, textures, and the jewels are incredible.

Carol said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Exquisite work on these beautiful dresses!

Vanessa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi! Thank you so much for coming by and joining my party! I absolutely love this post and it was such a treat to learn more about your culture and customs and see those Gorgeous wedding dresses and accessories! Hope to see you again!
Vanessa

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such gorgeous dresses Farah! I love your niece's wedding dress and the sari's! I have always loved sari's because they are so beautiful and dramatic!

Farah Muzaffar said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks a lot to all of you who come and encourage me that much.Love

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness, Farrah, the fashions you shared here are just beautiful. I love and the detailed handwork! I was just enjoying looking around some of your older post!

Denise said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm a first time visiter to your site.Everything is so pretty. I would love to be able to dress in such lovely clothes.Your site is fun ,I will be back.Please drop by and visit me @ Denise's Delights

SavannahGranny said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I just checked out the fashion post. It is awesome. Unbelievably beautiful. The hand work is exquisitely suburb. All the hours of work.
I loved the fashion show going from the weddings
( which are gorgeous) to the children's fashion.
Thank you for sharing, Hugs, Ginger

Jisha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Loved Your Blog..Each and every post is lovely.I simply loved your post on beautiful side of Pakistan.I wish if there were peaceful Pakistan where tourists can visit your country without fear and enjoy the beauty of it.It is really a hidden heaven.

Jerri Neddermeyer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, I have been reading you older posts for more than an hour this morning! I love the fashion, the detail, and the intricate work that goes into everything in. Your part of the world! I am jealous of the ribbon shop that is close to you! What amazing variety! I have a wonderful yarn shop near me, and I am spoiled by it's variety and inspiring atmosphere too! I am your newest follower from Minnesota, USA.
Jerri
Www.thrownandfired.blogspot.com

Donna at The Scarlet Petticoat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

dear farah, i found your blog through wow us wednesday. i am so thankful i did! i am excited to learn about a woman from a different culture than mine. it makes the world seem like a smaller place!! your blog design is very lovely. wonderful children!! the bridal clothes are stunning and i love how you have done your bedroom. all the best, donna

LinkWithin