Saturday, August 28, 2010

Silk painted cushions

Love To Paint ????

Hello all, once again I am here after a long break,
I have guest from last 2 months,
than I visited Karachi on a recreational visit, so
its all passed now and I am in my routine.

Here once again I come with some
CUSHIONS,
my passion, now I have with hand painted and
very easy to do and you can do it
 for many many things with many more better ideas



Its is very simple to do, I just cut down these shapes
in four sizes on a card paper,
and arrange them as my required design,
simply draw lines with the edges of pattern
and remove my cutouts.
Trace the pattern on the complete cushion.


On another cushion I use three sizes of circles.
The same process, cutouts on a card paper,
trace with pencils according to your setting of design.

Now the time comes to paint.
The fabric is with a 70% cotton touch, and I use
Silk Paints, fixed with ironing.
Silk paints are more durable than any other fabric paint,
and when you work with them them on cotton ,
than no need of any resistence like gutta or wax,
and it made it more easy to use.
But remember whenever you use silk paints
on any type of silk, georget or chiffon,
you need a gutta line around your pattern.

  

As I have different sizes of cut-outs, the same
I use different shades of same colour on both the cushions.
Now with soft bristle pointed brush start with the outline
of your pattern and
gradually fill the colour to
complete the design.
Its easy, interesting and you can create absolutly
unique design with your room matching.
yes a neck roll too
I just painted it in stripes in both the colours.




These cushions are on pure silk, I dont use any pattern,
design on it so I dont use any gutta or wax,
 just simpy wet the silk and with a wide sponge brush
coat the length with one colour and next coat with the different colour.
Now you can see how the merge themselves in
each other. I used grey and dark pink on one cushion
and on the second lime green and lime yellow.
And when it is still wet I sprinkle coarse grans of salt
(normal cooking salt). And you see how interesting effect
comes to the fabric, yes the pattern you see its all
because I sprinkle salt unevenly on the wet fabric.
Its a pleasure full game to play with colour and salt.


 
Now these cushion with the same technique as I
mentioned above but here I dont use any salt,
here you can see clearly the merging of colours, I use
green and rust colour here.

Hope you like it and give me your comments, you can create so many thing with this including bedding to dressing.

happy Painting and thanks for stopping by
Love you all.

Blogger's Pillow Party
mmm button

17 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are beautiful and appears easy to make, I love circles one most

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful Farah! I especially like the blue painted one. It is very contemporary and fresh looking!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous. I have never thought of painting the fabric. What a great idea and then you can have the exact color and pattern that you want. Yours are wonderful. Thanks also for your gracious comments. I really appreciate the visit. Hugs, Marty

Donene said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These look amazing! thanks for the tutorial and thanks for your nice comments!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They're stunning, Farah! I couldn't pick a favorite - love them all.

Curious, tho, what's 'gutta'?

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are gorgeous pillow. You are so creative Farah!

Lorie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are beautiful!

Alison said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! I am seriously amazed you made all of these! They are incredible!!! Thank you SO much for your sweet comment on my blog!! Have a great night, my friend!

Lindy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, Very nice job -- love your pillows! Your new follower!

Beedeebabee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah! Your cushions are just gorgeous...and I love your beautiful flower garden!...Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog...I'm following you too! ;) Paulette

Radka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful cushions, Farah:)

Mahalakshmi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW! nice work.I did this kind of painting using stencil method for a blouse and it came out very well.I like your work.It is very neat.

Mermaid's Purse said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The cushions are lovely ......... very stylish!

anandhirajan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

beautiful cushions farah, Iliked the ones with table salt
anandhirajan

Jerri Neddermeyer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

In this post you mentioned outlining in guta, but I don't know that term. What is guta?

Pratima Kapoor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi
Your had painted cushions are amazing. Love them. Liked the idea for drawing.

creativeinstincts said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are truly talented. If you don't mind can i copy the blue cushion :)
leena

LinkWithin