Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flower Arrangement

Arranging Flowers in Ikebana
 just in 10 minutes



Ikebana, is a Japanese art of arranging flowers in a disciplined form,
in which nature and humanity brought together.
Ikebana means living plant material arrangement
Arranging flower is my passion,
specially I love fresh flower arrangements.
Ikebana I like to do more because it represent your life,
and the second thing which I love in it,
is its minimum use of  flowers and foliage.

LESS IS MORE

Its the basic concept of Ikebana,
even a single flower with one or two leaves
can make a beautiful arrangement.

What you need is



Some flower making wire,floral tape, scissor, cutter, and a pin holder

Ikebana arrangements are best with pin holder
instead of oasis.
And wire are oftenly used to strengthen the leaves or
sometime wire some leaves etc..



In this arrangement I used only three big hard leaves
you can use like Aloe Vera leaves,
I found these leaves
near my house, they are very strong one,
three stem of Gladiolas and two stem of tube roses.



Insert leaves in the pin holder and form a main shape
than you cut the gladiolas a bit higher than the leaves and insert them in front of leaves.
And
Finally make a bunch of tube roses and put them on a bit lower level that it hide the pinholder.
Add water and some colourful pabbles if you want.
It will remain fresh till four to five days.

Some important tips about flower's long life

Always cut stem at 45 degree, it increase the intake of 
water in the stem.

Use half bloomed flower that they remain fresh till
 5 to 6 days.

Change the water after every two days, and put some coins in your vase,
they will keep your flowers more fresh.

For longer life of flowers, cut their ends after two days,
they will remain fresh for some more days

Spray them with water twice or thrice in a day.

Here are some more pictures of my some fresh flower arrangements.



This I made for a grand round table for a formal dinner.
I used Fern leaves, Gladiolas, and Roses
and some foliage.
This arrangement is based on Oasis.



In this arrangement first I made the lower part on a
round platter with Bostan ferns,
lemon leaves, asparagus, some white Orchids and red Roses.
After arranging them I used a goblet
to give arrangement a bit height.
With some asparagus and four roses I arrange
the goblet.
Hope you like it and keep me informed about it.
Love you all

14 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Ms. Bake-it said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What beautiful arrangements! Thank you for sharing how to arrange them. I am not very good at arranging flowers and they pretty much just get placed unceremoniously in a vase and that is it. Sad, I know! I do like to place one to two flowers in my vintage glass bottles which makes arranging them easier.

~ Tracy

margo2 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah these are beautiful and you are so good at it! So pretty!!

Pam @ diy Design Fanatic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful arrangements, Farah!

Debbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah you always do a fabulous job on your flowers.

Life in Rehab said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, you do some killer work! Thanks for the tips on the Ikebana arrangement. I think I may have to try that.

Rene' said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for stopping over.. I love flower design, you did a wonderful job!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah,
Thank you for coming by my home so I could meet you!
I just learned so much about arranging flowers from this post!
I did not know to put coins in the water, or how to do Ikebana!
I have red gladiolas in my yard! I will try this, too!
You have different ideas--I like different-it's good!
Blessings to you as you make your home!
I am your new friend :)
Hugs,
~me

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wonderful tips, Farah! I never studied Ikebana. Was a florist as a young woman - but standard designs of the early '80's. Nothing too exciting.

Love the gladiola piece! Of course, they're all beautiful, but that one spoke to me.

Thanks so much for visiting the other day!

Inspired2cook said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful arrangements! You definitely have a way with flowers!!!

Together We Save said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such beautiful arrangements!

Bella said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah... I love your Japanese style arranging! Very elegant, you have done a wondeful job showcasing the flowers beauty:-)
Bella

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very lovely!

Thanks so much for linking up!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Farah, what gorgeous floral arrangements. Thanks so much for coming by.

Tasha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love flower arrangements. These turned out so beautiful.

LinkWithin