Friday, June 11, 2010

Appliqued Cushions

Adobe Photoshop
Cushions

My son is addicted to computer and specially
to Adobe Photoshop,
he want Adobe Icons cushion for his room,
 so I made them for him.






Here it is the tutorial of these cushions

 
First I took the printouts of the required letter
and cut them neatly.
Than I staple them on Fused Bukram and iron them that they glued on it,
again cut them in same alphabatical shape




Now put the fused bukram alphabet on a piece of
white cloth and cut the cloth a bit bigger, like leave
1cm extra, as showen above.



Now turn the alphbet on backside and stitch it roughly,
I always prefer stitching instead of tucking with pins if I
need a neat crease.



Now you can tuck it with pins in the center on your basic
cushion cloth.


Its all settled now, stitch very neatly and closely
with the sewing machine along with the
edges of alphabet.
And now the front part of your  cushion is ready,
just stitch the back part and your cushion is ready.





You can make  alphabatical, counting or anything you want for your home.
I hope it will help you a bit in making cushions like this if SO,
please let me know



HAPPY CUSHIONING


Photobucket

21 wonderful people gave their lovely opinion:

Jenglamgirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So dang cute. Love monogrammed or intialed anything! Colorful and cute. Thanks for sharing. Jenn

Sailing Simply said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for visiting today and for your kind comments! These pillows are fantastic! I love anything monogramed. Great job!

Jill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's cute that he wanted those as cushions! I think I'm too lazy for putting letters on but I admire your patience. :)

Brenbren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very creative!

Ivani said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello!

Loved your blog. Your works are beautiful. I became your follower to visit you ever.

Ivani
www.amopapel.blogspot.com

Tricia@The Dull and the Dutiful said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These look great! So crisp and bright -- and your tutorial is very clear and helpful, too. So many possibilities with this idea!

Kim@Chattafabulous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have an 11 -year-old daughter who wants to try photoshop. I guess maybe she could teach me! Great project with a great outcome! Do stop by when you get a chance! www.chattafabulous.com

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are great! What a good idea for your son!

Thanks so much for the kind words and stopping by my blog!!

april's craft nest said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so glad you found my blog! Thank you for the nice comments! I love your letter pillows! Very cute! Please stop by again soon! :)

Crafty Batches said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't think anyone can every have too many pillows - I love them and your tutorial! Thanks for stopping by Crafty Batches! ~Sam

Misty said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute pillows! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

TheAccidentalCrafter said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Farah,

I'm actually thinking of sewing up some pillows (among the other hundred things I have to do on my sewing list), so nice work on your son's cushions. Love the different colours.

AUDRA said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How fun! I'm featuring this today!

Thanks for linking up to socialize with me Monday til Sunday.

Hope to see you this week! :)

LindseyRockers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

these are so cute! i love that your son requested these specific pillows.... how funny! love your blog and am your newest follower!

thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. i have been on a blogging hiatus this summer while i have been taking some classes, but will be back to posting in about two weeks! i hope you'll come back and follow along!

lindsey
www.housemadehome.net

Lorie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very clever! They would be fun with elements too!

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I bet your son loved these pillows. My youngest son always was concerned about decorating his room, and I loved that...it gave us time together doing what I love. I look forward to seeing your future projects so I signed up to follow you. I would love for you to revisit my blog and do likewise.

Brandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your pillows! You have some really neat ideas on your blog. I am happy to be your newest follower. Thank-you kindly for visiting my blog and following as well!

Kristy Armstrong said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great idea! They turned out so very cute!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute! I think my kids would like these. They love anything "monagramed"

Malea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are just wonderful! I too am a PhotoShop nerd and these caught my eye big time! I might just have to try some for myself :)

Rashida Khanbhai said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your blog, very interesting. Love your innovative cushions too.

http://rashisquiltblog.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin